Tractor
    kubota l3830 hst/723 fel

Default who build a quality 20 gallon air compressor??

need to do some painting on an old implement i picked up and am in need for the highest quality a/c i can get my hands on.need it110v portable 18-25 gallons ? puma or quincy or ingresol rand maybee??

Default Re: who build a quality 20 gallon air compressor??

I think those three are all good brands from what I've seen and heard. No actual experience with Quincy, but I've owned a Puma and know a bit about Ingersoll-Rand stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of them so long as it's the cast iron instead of aluminum cylinders.

Tractor
    KUBOTA L3010

I'm not sure that Ingersoll Rand makes a " quality" compressor in that size. Either a cast iron or aluminum pump would be fine as long as the al. pump has iron sleeves. I have heard/ read that the Quincy compressors are very good units; I don't have any actual experience with them, but I am seriously looking at them to replace my POS Ingersoll Rand compressor that I can no longer get parts to repair. (it is only 15 years old, 100 hours). [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1952 Case DC-4, 2001 JD4300 MFWD, HST

I have a small Quincy compressor on a 20 gallon tank. I like it. The pump is a two cylinder, single stage, cast iron unit with an aluminum head. It is relatively quiet compared to many other small compressors I have heard. The motor can be wired to run on either 110 or 220 volts. I don't have any personal experience with either Puma or Ingersoll Rand compressors. They may be fine units also.