Land Leveler Completed

/ Land Leveler Completed #21  
Very good! I agree that the angled blades cut aka slice material instead of bluntly running into it. Like an exacto blade: Hold it vertical & try to cut & it just tears the paper & bunches it up, but the further you angle the exacto downward, the smoother it cuts.

I've thought about the possibility of adding a gauge wheel to my grading scraper. I know it would be longer, which is the idea for a better grade result, but it could removable, too, for times when just the scraper itself is needed :thumbsup:

/ Land Leveler Completed #22  
Very nicely done :thumbsup: Your adjustable blades look great.

gg

/ Land Leveler Completed #23  
The main thing it will need is skids.

Two other differences are that the land planes have a 2nd blade parallel to the first, & the blades are slightly angled to direct material toward the left for road crowning. I think you could make a pretty darn good land plane just by adding side skids, though.

When I said converting I meant cutting it apart to use parts from.I could use the hitch. The rippers and mine has 2 cutting edges. I would just meed the side plates with skids.
Bill

/ Land Leveler Completed #24  
Great job building your land plane (or whatever we're calling them :laughing:) I will use your photos and description as reference when I build mine. :thumbsup:

/ Land Leveler Completed #25  
Them dang quality inspectors... showin up in shorts and flip flops and expecting the whole shop to just shut down when they arrive :D

/ Land Leveler Completed #26  
Because this implement gets used as a land plane and as a grader blade I think that we ought to call them LPGBs. (Land Plane Grader Blade) ;)

/ Land Leveler Completed #27  
Because this implement gets used as a land plane and as a grader blade I think that we ought to call them LPGBs. (Land Plane Grader Blade) ;)

And for additional words, Land Pride calls it a Grading Scraper :)

LPGSB (Land Plane Grading Scraper Blade)?

/ Land Leveler Completed #28  
Good work and thanks for sharing the insight into what makes it work, especially the angled blades, I had never thought of that.

Ken

/ Land Leveler Completed #29  
And for additional words, Land Pride calls it a Grading Scraper :)

LPGSB (Land Plane Grading Scraper Blade)?

However, that's if you buy it, but if you make it yourself, it's home built, so it's actually called a HBLPGSB (Home Built Land Plane Grading Scraper Blade)

/ Land Leveler Completed #30  
Nice job. :thumbsup: