Finding a tractor

/ Finding a tractor #1  

fixatruck

Tractor
John Deer STX 38
hey ya'all, I am looking to buy a tractor for pulling stumps and doing some work around my acreage, Does any one know where I could find one, It doesn't matter if it runs or not. But I can't really afford too much.

/ Finding a tractor #2  
I saw one in the hollow last week.

/ Finding a tractor #3  
Lol! Try sears. The new simplicitys are designed for you.

/ Finding a tractor #4  
If all you will be doing is pulling, an old Farmall M or H will work nicely. Neither one however has a 3-point, and their hydraulic pressure isn't very high.

The plus is they are very simple tractors, and there are a lot of them out there, which means lots of parts availability.

/ Finding a tractor #5  
This one will do the work you need to do but the tires aren't good enough to make the 900 mile trip.:thumbsup::laughing:

Attachments

• Alice.jpg
    Alice.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 160
   / Finding a tractor
If all you will be doing is pulling, an old Farmall M or H will work nicely. Neither one however has a 3-point, and their hydraulic pressure isn't very high.

The plus is they are very simple tractors, and there are a lot of them out there, which means lots of parts availability.

Thanks GE222, I was thinking on driving the country side looking for one sitting out in the woods, but I will just keep an eye out for one, thanks for your input. Its tought being in the Military and trying to get things done when you get a spare moment here and there. Thanks again for your input.

/ Finding a tractor #7  
Thanks GE222, I was thinking on driving the country side looking for one sitting out in the woods, but I will just keep an eye out for one, thanks for your input. Its tought being in the Military and trying to get things done when you get a spare moment here and there. Thanks again for your input.

fixatruck.....Keep an eye on you local Craig's List under Farm and Garden section...I have found some really good deals on tractors that need very little fixing to get them going at give away prices...you just have to be patient...but your idea of driving around is good too...You might visit local farm stores and put a note up on their bulletin board that you are a Soldier looking for a tractor...you might be surprised at the response..put the word out...Good luck and thanks for your service.:)

/ Finding a tractor #8  
A tractor will not pull a very big stump. I rented a stump grinder for a weekend for $150. It was a smaller one that was all manual but self propelled.

/ Finding a tractor
Thanks, I will keep an eye on Craigs list. that is a good Idea with the stump grinder. Thanks Again

/ Finding a tractor #10  
Minn, Wisc, Ill, and Iowa, all have an abundence of old used tractors. check out the internet for the region around you for antique tractor clubs. It is not uncommon for memebrs of these clubs to have a barn or two full of old tractors.