Mini-Tractor Find

/ Mini-Tractor Find #1  

koritina

Tractor
Deutz Fahr AgroKid 230
So I was cleaning out the barn to extend some goat pens and found this little frame that's been there for about 25 years.

6923493944_eeefba8144_b.jpg

I know we started building it but got side tracked and it ended up somewhat buried, both physically and on the projects list.

Trying to get some input on it.

/ Mini-Tractor Find #2  
Now That looks like a helluva good place to start from . You are gonna have some fun continuing with that project .
I sometimes wonder how it would be to use an old single cylinder hit or miss engine in it, that would get some attention !

/ Mini-Tractor Find
I'm thinking a hit/miss might be a little high in the $$ range though!
But it'd be a sure way to get some attention, no doubt there!

/ Mini-Tractor Find #4  
Now That looks like a helluva good place to start from . You are gonna have some fun continuing with that project .
I sometimes wonder how it would be to use an old single cylinder hit or miss engine in it, that would get some attention !

I've got to think you'd only get 1, maybe 2 horse hit and miss to fit in that little thing.

maybe some old school implement chain drive for the final?

/ Mini-Tractor Find #5  
I dont think you'd want to go very fast with it, and rather doubt you'd want to put it into a pulling contest.
and it is on wheels.
that would be a fun thing to have in the local parades for an entry .
the right body work and chrome?
this one could become a "must have"

/ Mini-Tractor Find #6  
actually, "hit and miss" was just a way to get around an expensive carb patent.

there is no reason you couldn't convert any more modern engine into a hit and miss witht he help of a huge flywheel.

/ Mini-Tractor Find #7  
ya, I was thinking about the "sound" of it. it'd be an eye catcher and an "ear" catcher .
I remember in the early 60's there were plenty of motorized tractors the size of the pedal type.
They went very slow because the kids were the ones riding them around in the ring.

/ Mini-Tractor Find
Really no set goals with it right now; other than a side project to finish as I have time.

I personally don't know much about hit/miss stuff other than I know a guy down the road a ways sells them for over $2500 a piece and those are huge beasts. lol
But I do like the idea of having one on it since it would be good to go with just the engine and a belt.

Not personally a big fan of chrome, but I have a friend that does amazing paint work so once we can get it together once, I'll tear it down and let him have fun on that part.

/ Mini-Tractor Find #9  
chrome would be a little bit out of place if you were going to make this look like a tractor. I guess I was thinking of the guys that convert riding mowers into racers and pullers. lots of creative designs for them.
You could make this one look like practically any tractor you would like it to be.
the smallest hit or miss were used on washing machines I guess. I have seen a few advetised on the internet. I've heard that they are found at farm and tractor shows also. the small ones being more common and affordable than the huge ones you mention. a small wheeled thing like yours on a hard surface shouldnt take a whole lot of power regardless which engine you come up with.
are you thinking of powering it up and then building a body around it afterwards?

/ Mini-Tractor Find #10  
one of several links to youtube hit or miss. It would give you an idea of the size related to your frame. I bet it would take some creative thinking to belt this to the finished project

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB7IOIiWUiA&feature=related]Maytag hit and miss washing machine engine 1930's - YouTube[/ame]