A challenge to you creative people

/ A challenge to you creative people #1  

GrantMO

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410
It's been a while since posting here but I wanted to issue a challenge to you guys who know how to fab everything. In my ongoing effort to get out of work I'm trying to think of a way to convert a couple of big shipping pallets (from Kubota btw) into large manure containers. I want to be able to pick them up with a 3pt pallet fork attachment and drive them back to the big manure pile, then dump it somehow. I've thought of somehow hinging the end or bottom to release because you can only lift the 3pt so high. I thought of using the FEL but want to keep the FEL off the tractor more this summer for mowing and I also can get more weight on the 3pt. Any ideas on how to release the manure and how to attach the pallet to the toplink? Oh yeah, I'm trying to make this out of wood only, except for cables, chains, and hardware because I don't have access to a welder. Thanks guys, I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

/ A challenge to you creative people #2  
Put your manure container on skids. Leave the back end open. Drag to where needed and lift the closed end with the three point hitch to empty.

Build it so the manure container is on hinges overbalanced to the rear. Have a pin or holder that can be pulled allowing the overbalanced container to dump.

A little manure spreader sure would work nice.

Egon

/ A challenge to you creative people
Good ideas Egon. I've decided to change my plans and lift/drag the container with my FEL so I can raise and dump more easily.