Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #1  

bakerg

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere D110
Surprises me how cheap and lazy I can be.:confused2: I needed to work up my mother's garden but with the walk behind rototiller I have, it wrecks havac on my arms and hands. :( I am looking for a rototiller to put behind the Massey but haven't found a cheap one yet so I made my own. :thumbsup:

First I took a cat 1 drawbar and added a bar for the 3rd link. This will serve as a toolbar so I can add attachments easily. :cool:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First attachment will be the walk behind tiller which I welded a hook to so it can attach to the toolbar. :D

Hooked the tiller up to the toolbar and put a 3/4" pin in place to lock the tiller in place. Offset the tiller to cover the back wheel of the tractor. :)

Now I can lift the tiller, start it , engage the tiller by using a velcro strap and till away without my hands going numb from all the vibration. :thumbsup::laughing:

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #3  
All I have to say is that is not lazy,,,that is awesome. Consider your idea stolen.

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #4  
Nice work!

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #5  
I had wondered about something along those lines, but was more on the line of tractor powered. You solved that issue. Nice work.

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #6  
it would probably work better if you took off the handles, the wheels and turned it around, but this way lets you still use it the way it was designed

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor
it would probably work better if you took off the handles, the wheels and turned it around, but this way lets you still use it the way it was designed

That's why I left it with the handles on, so you can still use it as a walk behind in small areas.:thumbsup: My son inlaw borrows it for his garden and you cannot use a tractor there.;)

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #8  
Id love to see its performace in a youtube vid!

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor
No vid yet:( but it's back to the drawing board as the 3"x 3/16" angle iron was not strong enough and when I hit some hard ground and the tiller started bouncing it snapped the angle iron in half. :eek: Will have to get some thicker mtetal. ;)