Did I go overboard on this quick attach?

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach? #21  
great build.

Ironwood

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach? #22  
Nice work, impressive fit and finish for someone who, like me, has only the basic tools. Great job.

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach? #23  
One of the great things I like about browsing the TractorByNet forums is seeing all the great ideas that members have. My latest build, like many others, took it's inspiration from another member's project. In this case I have to thank 600rider. The difference was that 600rider apparently has access to heavy metal working equipment to build his version of a loader quick attach. My equipment is more limited: drill press, small horizontal band saw, compact bender and hand held grinders. I used 2 inch square tube for the quick attach part and 3 inch tube, with the seam side cut off, for the part that attaches to the loader. The first picture shows the progression of this fabrication. I then used 2 inch square tube, 3/16 wall, to connect the two ends together. The first attachment to my loader is shown in the 2nd picture. I knew this would make the overall weight a little more, but it allowed me to easily mount a hitch receiver and hooks to the assembly (picture 3). An added benefit is that I can "stow" the hitch backwards on the quick attach when the bucket or another implement is attached (picture 4). The assembly, without pins, weighs 35 pounds.

JohnZ
B7500

:thumbsup:

Great job!

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach? #24  
Excellent work, thank you for the pics, I'm making one for my little Cub 7254 soon.

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach? #25  
"Did I go overboard on this quick attach?"

Uh... NO! That is wicked cool!!! I need to buy or build one, too. I'm not sure I could do what u and others make look easy. I've never welded b4. All the other tools I'd be confident with.

I imagine ill have to learn how to weld 1st. Well, buy a welder, then learn how to weld.

Very Impressive. Great job!

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach?
madmax12, thank you for the kudos. If you have some basic tools and skills you should be able to make one for your tractor. Mig welding is the easiest to use. The best advice I can give you in that regard, from my experience, is to buy a mig welder of one of the top 3 brands: Miller, Lincoln or Hobart. You'll need at least 140 Amp output and if you can't afford new, buy one off Craigslist.

JohnZ
B7500

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach? #27  
Greetings, excellent job on the loader quick hitch, hope you don't mind, I'm in the process of copying your project, I have a B7510 with a LA302 loader, the dealer told me I could put a bobcat quick hitch on it for about $1000, toooo much, then I saw your master piece, perked me right up, if you don't mind would you tell me on the 2"x2" what is the distance from the top to the center of the 11/4 " hole

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach? #28  
You replied to a old thread, might want to PM him instead.

/ Did I go overboard on this quick attach?
Hello olekid. Thanks for your interest. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so thank you. You have to realize that the dimension you're asking about is not critical. On mine it's about 2 3/4 inches to the longer end. But remember that all you need is enough length on that long end to easily "catch" the pin on your attachment. The critical dimension is the distance between the center of the pin that catches in that trough and the center of the lower hole. This dimension should match the center distance of the 2 holes in your attachment (like your bucket). In my case, that dimension is 7 1/8 inches. I would guess yours would be the same. I made the hole distance the same on the channel side where the loader arm and cylinder connect for the sake of standardization. Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions. Good luck with your project.

JohnZ