BX25 Full Cage Rollbar

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar
That looks like a very good plan, you did a nice job fabricating the bracket! Did you find the paint that you need for it? Are you going to leave the canopy in place, and built around it? Anyways, its looks like you have a good design, and good auto cad drawings to represent the project!

Messicks has the paint, I await there reply to a message after hours last Friday.
A tad over 11bux a can. Dealer wanted 15+.

The canopy stays in place w/ the exception of it's UBOLTS are to be replaced
w/ 6" long units. The canopy, ROPS and Rear ANCHOR will all squeeze together
w/ 6-8 Pro Grade UBolts. The UBLOTS are in the mail...should have them soon.
I hope to have the rear anchor done by end of week.
Yes CAD drawings are great. I can reproduce this if I please or if someone wants
one for their tractor. Frankly, I can't wait...it really is coming along NICE! :hyper:

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar #102  
When I do this on my 1026r I'm going to have to hinge the front uprights because the quick attach loader frame moves fore and aft when I move the loader. I hope your loader uses pins because this is a problem with installing fops with my h120 loader. It's also hard to hold grade with it because of hysteresis.

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar
Oh yes...I have a plan. The whole thing can come on and off w/o
huge effort. You will be able to remove the FEL or the canopy
and run it alone if you please. yep...I think I eluded to 1" pins
prior. Reminds me, i need to go purchase tose babies now!

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar
Well let me elaborate. NO HINGE. A hinge is a pivioting collapse point.
I designed a pinned connection that is solid. You do not
want a hinge on something like this.

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar #105  
After studying your pics - I finally got the idea exactly how to plan to make the roll cage. All I can say is you got it well planned out for ease of removal with the flange. I like the inner stub idea, but wonder if the tubing wall thickness is really necessary? it seems pretty substantial. But what do I know? ;) I just have a few questions though. Have you checked with TSC for those longer ubolts? My TSC has various sizes and one of them look like exactly what you might need. second, I am a little confused on the plug welds. I understand welding inside the slugs, welding outside corners but what are you planning to do? cut slots to weld slugs to tubing? third, from the flange to tubing to corner before going down to upright post, how big of that corner are you planning to make? I was thinking rolling that corner on bender would look nicer and gusseting it a little on inside corner? next question is the flange that I see you have ready. is the canopy going to be able to clear it and I think it might be a tad to big. As you mount/enter the cab or sit in the BH position, is there enough room for your head to lean to side and back up looking as you dig with BH?

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar
After studying your pics - I finally got the idea exactly how to plan to make the roll cage. All I can say is you got it well planned out for ease of removal with the flange. I like the inner stub idea, but wonder if the tubing wall thickness is really necessary? it seems pretty substantial. But what do I know? ;) I just have a few questions though. Have you checked with TSC for those longer ubolts? My TSC has various sizes and one of them look like exactly what you might need. second, I am a little confused on the plug welds. I understand welding inside the slugs, welding outside corners but what are you planning to do? cut slots to weld slugs to tubing? third, from the flange to tubing to corner before going down to upright post, how big of that corner are you planning to make? I was thinking rolling that corner on bender would look nicer and gusseting it a little on inside corner? next question is the flange that I see you have ready. is the canopy going to be able to clear it and I think it might be a tad to big. As you mount/enter the cab or sit in the BH position, is there enough room for your head to lean to side and back up looking as you dig with BH?

Inner wall 'stub' as being necesary? Probably not...I would rather be safer then sorry.
Those rear anchor points will take a lot of stress if the tractor were to roll, so
will the unmolested ROPS.

Have not looked at TSC for UBOLTS, my people make BEAUTIFUL UBOLTS to order.
They come w/ Tall Nuts and Extra Heavy Washers. Custom made at about 7bux each. To
me it is a no brainer. These are not fake UBOLTS w/ a 3/8"-16 nut...that is not a real
UBOLT, or should I say, not what I consider a Professional Grade UBOLT.

Plug welds 'may' get tossed, it would help to marry the outter to the inner.

That 'corner' you speak of is not 100% written in stone yet. I may ditch the A Pillar as I drew
it in my "Rough Sketch" that shows the flanged connection, and go w/ a "U" clear around
the top, then down w/ 'A' Pillars. Those angles will be strongbacked, probably w/ dimple dies and
holes to lighten them up, yes, on the inside corners. ( I am trying to awnser all q's reading along here.)
I have been him-hawing about those front pillars and at what angles I will go with, for days.
There is more going on then meets the eye. There are some other features I have not
spoke of yet as well... :shhh:

No, flange is not to big, it clears the radio box and canopy no problemo.

There is nothing that intrudes on my headspace.

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar #107  
VIOLA! Ask and ye shall receive! Great minds think alike ehh? Very nice LeeJohn,
good job! So am I right here, you can unlock the front pins and then
Lower the MMM mount w/ controls? You gotta do a YouTube!
Do you have an IPHONE? Easy to do w/ an IPHONE. Very cool!

Thanx for posting the pics. I didn't see this till this morning.

I have another thread going, on second thought I probably should have
keep it here regarding my Enclosure / Cage? that I am building.
Seems a couple children wish me to fail, HERE.

I will move it back into this thread.

No I can't do a youtube. I downloaded a 4min clip and it took 4 1/2 hours so can see why no youtube for me. I can't even get that thing they call high speed. You have it right how it comes off and on. I do put a 4x4 block wood about 6" long under it at the back so it's easer to pull the last pin.
When going on I also set it on the block to make the rear pins ease to hookup. After it is up I move the MMM knob to top and let the 3pt down just a hair then it does not hit the frame. I have made 4 of them for people and the later one have sides on back part and also on the front it turns up. The front has to be a little long and back sides have be shaped right. You well hear that it isn't get enough air for the trans, but that hasn't been the case on the ones with the sides. The gaps is big enough the fan gets enough air.

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar #108  
A very nice job Leejohn:thumbsup:. Could you please send me some measurements so as I can fabricate one for myself as I am always concerned about that :censored: fan and the hydro filters being damaged as there are a lot of sticks and rubbish on my block, have destroyed 2 HST fans with sticks breaking them, and it is a PITA replacing them and I never use the MMM because I find it a hassle to attach and remove due to a bad back injury,limited movement,from a tractor accident. Cheers Kerry.

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar #109  
I'll see if I can find the # that I saved and yes I'll send them to you. Give me a few days i'm right in the middle of a major engine overhaul for a boat that has do be done by the 4th.

/ BX25 Full Cage Rollbar #110  
Thank you very much Sir.Good luck with the overhaul on the boat engine. Cheers K.