ASV Skid loader quick attach

/ ASV Skid loader quick attach #1  

Paul N

Silver Member
Tractor
AC C, AC 170 gas, AC 180 diesel, Agco Allis 8630 FWA diesel, Farmall H, Farmall M
I'm planning to convert my FEL to a universal quick attach, compatible with all skid steer loaders. After searching several posts on TBN, I got some very good info, even some drawings. This past Saturday I went to an auction and scored big. I bought a brand new 48" ASV(American Standard Version) bucket for $85! When I got home and took some measurements, something was wrong. According to the info I got off of TBN, the top width should be 44". This bucket is 42.25". It also tapers to an inch wider at the bottom. I'm assuming this is for ease of mounting. Good idea. Also, the drawings from TBN show the tractor side mount to be 16" from top angle to bottom angle. This bucket measures 13". Are there 2 (or more) versions? I want to have the most common mount there is so I can beg, borrow, steal, buy or rent other attachments. As far as my great deal on the bucket, I'm not out anything. I can sell it on Craigslist and triple my money.

Paul

/ ASV Skid loader quick attach #2  
We have a diagram and explanation of what universal skid steer quick attach is on our website that may help you out. Also, if you include a photo of the back side of your bucket, someone should know what you have. Find that diagram here. Good Luck!

/ ASV Skid loader quick attach
Referring to your drawing, where it says "44-3/4 Clearance inside walls", my bucket measures 42-1/4. Also, top to bottom measures about 3 inches less. It looks exactly the same as your drawing except for the dimensions.

/ ASV Skid loader quick attach #4  
A 48" bucket is pretty tiny for a skid steer. I'm wondering if your bucket is for a walk behind type machine?

/ ASV Skid loader quick attach #5  
The std SS quickhitch plate is available to weld on whatever you want. (I just changed my bucket over to SS) So if the plate on that one can be cut off and a new one welded on may be the cheapest? fwtw my bracket is 44 3/4 inside at the top like Teds drawing and its a Koyker.

I haven't priced SS buckets lately but seem to remember them being fairly pricey so if that 48 is the size you want thats food for thought.

/ ASV Skid loader quick attach
Your right about buckets being pricey. You can't touch one for less than $500.
Yes, I could buy a weld on plate, but that wouldn't be as much fun as re-working the existing bucket. The top & bottom angles are perfect, just too close together. I can cut off only one, and re-weld at the proper spacing. The same thing with the sides. The way I see it, the work is already half done.
But I think I'll buy one plate anyway. Then I'll have a pattern to follow for my other buckets & attachments

Paul