Boom Pole for SS

/ Boom Pole for SS #1  

Todd727

Gold Member
Tractor
CaseIH Maxxum 115
Made this out of an attachment plate and some extra steel I had laying around. Makes it easy to get stuff off a trailer when you don't have a helper.

Attachments

• IMG_3317.jpg
    IMG_3317.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_8674.jpg
    IMG_8674.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_9523.jpg
    IMG_9523.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 419
   / Boom Pole for SS #2  
Nice job! looks like it will be very handy:thumbsup:

/ Boom Pole for SS #3  
That's a beast. How much do you figure that will lift?

/ Boom Pole for SS
I figure it's good for about 1500lbs. It will probably lift more, but I have other options if things get that heavy.

Had to paint the end yellow to reduce the chance of walking into it. :thumbsup:

/ Boom Pole for SS #5  
I would love to have the space and the pallet racks for storage, you have in the pictures,

and by the way the lift I bet makes life easer as well, (I can see the yellow paint) could save a headache, may be a rag as well would help if it is parked,
I wear a wide brim hat for keeping the sun off my face and neck, and I am amazed at the number of things that brim blocks the Peripheral vision and you can get a good wake up call some times,

/ Boom Pole for SS
The pallet racks were one of my best additions. Keep an eye out for used ones. The other great find was the rolling ladder from Circuit City when they went out of business.

The next thing I want to find is some cantilevered racks to store metal and lumber.

/ Boom Pole for SS
I've field tested my boom now to about 1300 lbs, putting a Woods Brushbull 840 onto a trailer. No bending, no popped welds. Extremely happy with the performance and the ability to get equipment on and off a normal, over-the-wheel gooseneck without a helper.