Homemade Mini Firewood Processor

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #1  

ferguson123

Silver Member
Tractor
massey ferguson
found this on youtube and just thought i wood share as it is a great wee project and idea

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #2  
I'm not too enthused about the unguarded chain running right next to
the exposed left arm. One slip off the handle and a really big OOPS!!:shocked:

However, the general idea is clever.

Bill

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #3  
Yikes, the hands and arms seem too close for comfort. I would design it in a way to be protected and further to the chain. But seems like a good start to a design.

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #4  
Almost seems if the saw was reversed it would make more sense/be safer?

You would need to pull up instead of push down but much safer

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #5  
I think this should be designed to include a safety housing the bar would go into when not cutting. Then the lever to move the saw should be extended so the grip is over a foot away from the cutting bar. Until then, I wouldn't consider using it. But then, that's just me.

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #6  
I think this should be designed to include a safety housing the bar would go into when not cutting. Then the lever to move the saw should be extended so the grip is over a foot away from the cutting bar. Until then, I wouldn't consider using it. But then, that's just me.

What if we made one with a rubber blade? That would be safe??? :)

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #7  
What if we made one with a rubber blade? That would be safe??? :)

I grew up in a farming area and knew lots of adults with missing fingers, toes, etc. Sometimes you can be just as quick and efficient and still be safe. I think this device falls into that category.

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #8  
Hi all

He may be very adept at making things but designs like this are more likely to kill or maim. In this design you are pulling the blade towards you and unless you awkwardly stand to one side there is a good possibility of the tip of the blade catching the front of your loose shirt and in your pulled. It's a stupid and dangerous design.

Mike

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #9  
Yikes, the hands and arms seem too close for comfort. I would design it in a way to be protected and further to the chain. But seems like a good start to a design.
I agree.

Great firewood processor but does look unsafe with being that close to the chain. I sure wouldn't use it. I think I wanna keep my arms.

Chad

/ Homemade Mini Firewood Processor #10  
Just thinking a little more about it, this could be modified to have a "fence" with an opening for the wood to be pushed through. Then the saw could be operated by a foot pedal below the table, not a lever above the table. That way the operator could be shielded from the blade and could use both hands to move and hold the wood.

Oh, why stop there? Add a hydraulic lift, rollers on the table and BIG saw. :licking: