Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED?

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #21  
You also need to check with the sites staff, i believe you have to pay to advertise here.

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #23  
Just remember to place the drawbar HIGH enough so the barrel will sit on the ground with the 3pth lowered. Sooner or later you will want to take it off. Makes a good parking brake(anchor) too.....

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #24  
I've browsed this forum a bunch while figuring out how to design a ballast box. I know this thread is old, but I'd thought I'd add pictures of mine.
I couldn't make myself pay $200+ for a ballast box when I knew I could build one for about $25. I grew up pouring concrete with my Dad's construction company so building the box was a no-brainer.

IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #25  
Looks like a gooder-un! :thumbsup:

How much does it weigh?

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #26  
I really like your idea and your pics showing how you did it. I may be copying you.
I've browsed this forum a bunch while figuring out how to design a ballast box. I know this thread is old, but I'd thought I'd add pictures of mine.
I couldn't make myself pay $200+ for a ballast box when I knew I could build one for about $25. I grew up pouring concrete with my Dad's construction company so building the box was a no-brainer.

View attachment 521391
View attachment 521392
View attachment 521393
View attachment 521394

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #27  
How much does it weigh?

I've never weighed it, but I'm guessing around 800 pounds. It's really been great in the last couple of years. It's small and compact and really helps stabilize the tractor while using the loader.

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #28  
Just received a call back from a person selling this on Craigslist for 95.00 dollars, going to look at it tomorrow, would be a nice starting point for a rear ballast, I was going to use a 3 point receiver hitch but this would be way better.
186F3ECE-A5E5-43F8-BE6C-3C785572BFF2.jpg

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #29  
I don't think those are QH compatible if that matters.

/ Homemade ballast box - NO WELDING REQUIRED? #30  
Just received a call back from a person selling this on Craigslist for 95.00 dollars, going to look at it tomorrow, would be a nice starting point for a rear ballast, I was going to use a 3 point receiver hitch but this would be way better.
View attachment 625697
A new one is $160ish if that makes any difference tomyour price/value calculations.

Aaron Z