Home made sawbench

/ Home made sawbench #1  

njc110381

Tractor
Kubota B4200
Hey guys. I'm quite keen to make a few implements for my tractor but don't really know where to start. I need a loader but I think that's perhaps a bit complicated, so I'm thinking of making a saw bench. Has anyone done this? I know the old models with the free blade sticking up through a table were pretty dodgy but the modern ones look very good. I have a friend who uses one on his MB Trac and it really flies through whatever you feed it.

The only thing I'm a bit stuck on is the gearbox and the 90 degree turn that the power has to make so as the logs can fall to the side of the tractor. If I make it in line then the seat will get in the way of the longer logs.

I tried to search but "saw" is too short for the search facility so I didn't come up with much.

/ Home made sawbench #2  
   / Home made sawbench
That's the kind of thing I want. It's hard work using a chainsaw and they're smelly horrible things that drink fuel and spray oil everywhere! I can't believe quite how much the bench saws cost, although looking at the seperate parts I'm not sure I will make much of a saving by the time it's done.

I have been tempted to buy an old one and modify some guards onto it, that could work out cheaper.

/ Home made sawbench #4  
That's the kind of thing I want. It's hard work using a chainsaw and they're smelly horrible things that drink fuel and spray oil everywhere! I can't believe quite how much the bench saws cost, although looking at the seperate parts I'm not sure I will make much of a saving by the time it's done.

I have been tempted to buy an old one and modify some guards onto it, that could work out cheaper.

If your buying one! buy a good one even if it costs more, it usually saves in the long run