Building Frame Mount For Snow Plow - Kubota M7040

/ Building Frame Mount For Snow Plow - Kubota M7040 #1  

ctc1111

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
I am purchasing my third Kubota M7040, currently two are used for snow blowing, and one will be used for commercial plowing. I want to build a frame mount for a snow plow on the front of the tractor, and have the option of attaching a 10' snow pusher, or a snow plow with angling capabilities. I'm a fairly avid metal fabricator, so skill wise I'm not concerned, I just am looking for some input on design.

First of all, does anyone have any pictures of subframe mounts they built, or know of threads with them? I used the search but didn't turn up much.

I believe the M7040 is a split design tractor, not really having a full frame (unlike the deeres). So I'm aware I need to have supports go to the back draw bar for support, and would plan on using heavy structural steel for that. But for the front end, I'm looking for info on where and how to properly attach it to the tractor. I have ideas, but would like tested input on it first.

thanks!

/ Building Frame Mount For Snow Plow - Kubota M7040 #2  
some pictures i googled for m7040

kubota%20m7040.JPG

4953806_3_l.jpg

4953806_1_l.jpg

images

f_190574883-7c4cec54.jpeg

threads...
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/112442-snow-plow-mount-kubota-b7510.html
Snow plow and mount for Kubota B7510
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/34731-lk3054-front-snow-plow.html

search for google for "front mount snow plow" and then click over to "images" may bring back some other results.

==============

most tractors have option to place a rack for "front weights" and mid point connection for FEL errr sub frame / brackets for FEL that connects to main frame of tractor. it would seem odd having to go further back than FEL connection point.

would caution trying to run any frame work under or directly above front axle, due to front axle pivots. up and down.

tractor front frames take a beating, more so when tractor has a FEL on it, and bucket is completely full of dirt/rock/sand. to turning with full bucket to other. granted with FEL mounting point is mid point of tractor. but the connection point for front axle has to withstand the beating.

as long as plow has some sort of "trip" built into it. so if you hit a hard object with plow. the shear bolt/s---shear, or springs allow plow blade to tip. vs putting all the force into the frame.

Attachments

• 4953806_1_l.jpg
    4953806_1_l.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 133
   / Building Frame Mount For Snow Plow - Kubota M7040 #3  
Here is a picture of one, it is not my tractor, I think I saw it on plowsite.com. It may be a HLA blade. Those things are not cheap. Philip8n has a frame on his L3940. You may be able to look at pictures of that and get some ideas. Are you going to make the mount ssqa so you can easily attach to a snow push? Here is a link to another M7040.

Attachments

• IMG_3904 (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    IMG_3904 (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 717