Boxblade weights and receiver hitch

/ Boxblade weights and receiver hitch #1  

JustBob

Tractor
2005 New Holland TT55
Well... thanks to these forums, I had to do something about the weights on my boxblade. (a lot of good ideas on this forum!) I had been placing them on the braces the brackets are now welded to, but they would come loose ever so often. To permanently fix the problem, I cut the piece the weights mount to off of the bumper of my tractor (cant mount the bumper because of loader).

sm001.jpg

Then I cut that in half to make 2, one for each side...

sm003.jpg

Installed and properly bolted the weights in place, they aint going anywhere now!

sm001.jpg

Thanks to the forums, I decided to add a receiver hitch to my boxblade, so I added that while i was finishing up the weight brackets.

sm002.jpgsm003.jpg

Paint is on the to do list, when I get a break in the rain...

/ Boxblade weights and receiver hitch #3  
Looks good, but it seems that the receiver should have braces on the back side to prevent side/up-down loads from bending it out of square. Depends on what you're going to tow with it.

/ Boxblade weights and receiver hitch
Looks good, but it seems that the receiver should have braces on the back side to prevent side/up-down loads from bending it out of square. Depends on what you're going to tow with it.

You are right, I did not have time to add the gusset at the bottom, I think it will hold until I weld the gusset in as the piece it is welded to is 1/4". It is for moving trailers only, not for towing or transport, I have a trailer ball for my drawbar for when I tow with the tractor.