please help improve my brush mower build

/ please help improve my brush mower build #1  

maple tree

Tractor
ford
so awhile back i built this brush mower.

DSCF0624.jpg

it works great. :thumbsup: so naturally i want to change it.:eek:

i would like to change it over to a direct hydraulic drive. could someone help me with find the right hydraulic motor?

i can't seem to find the proper splined unit. i would be willing to change the type of stump jumper if i had to.

thank you.

/ please help improve my brush mower build #2  
I believe, if it aint broke, don't f' with it!

/ please help improve my brush mower build #3  
I have never measured it but I think the gear boxes double or maybe more the RPM of the mower blades compare to the RPM of the PTO shaft. You would need maybe half the HP for the motor direct drive, but would have to spin twice as fast so it might just be a wash on the size of the hydraulic motor. I cant see that you would gain anything in the change.
I think like BWSSR, if it aint broke dont fix it.
Maybe a little explanation on why you want to change it up and JJ might chime in here as the resident hydraulic expert.

/ please help improve my brush mower build #4  
I'd think that you would be into a very expensive and very heavy duty motor that will withstand the side loading and shock loads that a direct mount (blade & stump pan) to motor set up would be subject to. I'm thinking of what I've seen on some forrestry mowers that are mounted on large excavators, prolly get you into some real high GPM's and pressure as well.
Your build looks real nice!