Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM 350

Default Re: Help ID this hydraulic pump please....

The reservior looks like 2 pieces of square tube stacked. The fluid comes in the top return end then travels to the other end dropping into the lower tube and back to the suction end.

Tractor
    John Deere 710

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    That's going to be quite an expensive motor unless you luck out and find a cheap one. You'll have to watch the rpm also as electric motors are usually around 1725rpm where as the two stage pump is rated somewhere around 3K I think.
    Yes, I'll only go electric if I can find one free or cheap. Have lots of connections in town, and I'm a great scrounge. Will also need to be a pump type, 3450 RPM. Reason why electric? Well, noise, exhaust, maintenance etc. I cut the wood in the bush and I only split near the shop so portability isn't important. I would also not loan something like this with all the things that can go wrong with bad operating skills.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    Another comment , I just realized the return is directly above the suction. If you're going to that amount of work to fix it up, move one or the other to the opposite end as well as put a downpipe on the return (I'm assuming there isn't one). The reason for the first is it gives the oil a chance to cool down before it's recycled thru the system. Reason for the second is that it'll prevent aireation of the oil.
    Just for my own curosity, why do you want to go electric, noise, pia with gas, most people won't be able to borrow or ?......Mike
    Thanks for the suggestions on plumbing. Good observation. I was also thinking of making the tank bigger as this is only 3.5 GAL.

As for the wedge, I'll find another pic, but it looks good from the top. It has a very slim sharp leading edge that moves to a wider wedge shape. I think it's fine.

Thanks all,

Paul

Tractor
    John Deere 710

Quote Originally Posted by triptester View Post
    The reservior looks like 2 pieces of square tube stacked. The fluid comes in the top return end then travels to the other end dropping into the lower tube and back to the suction end.
    You must of been typing this as I was typing...missed it. I'll check it out closely, and try and confirm. If you're right, I'll just leave it as it should have plenty of cooling surface. Will add the filter though.

Cheers

Paul

Tractor
    John Deere 710

Update! Just bought a new Speeco 16GPM 2 stage on the bay for $100. Yeah! On it's way here tomorrow. I would like to use the coupling I have already, just need to find a 7/8" to 1/2" keyed bushing. Are these things made?

Cheers

Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Quote Originally Posted by kilohertz View Post
    Update! Just bought a new Speeco 16GPM 2 stage on the bay for $100. Yeah! On it's way here tomorrow. I would like to use the coupling I have already, just need to find a 7/8" to 1/2" keyed bushing. Are these things made?

Cheers

Get a lovejoy coupler. Thats what it should have anyway. And each half can be whatever size you want. I think our 6.5HP/11GPM combo uses a L095. (I think). With a urethane spider they are good to around 15HP IIRC
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    John Deere 710

Well, the splitter is finally done, except for updating the pipe fittings. I'm starting a separate thread as it is now a completely different splitter...well at least different power. Think I'll put it in "hydraulics" as this is more of a technical hydraulic post now.

Sneak peak...

-dscn3462-jpg

Cheers

Paul

Tractor
    John Deere 710

Here's a link to the new thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/h...ew-me-log.html

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12