Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: Step for my dads 7610 Kubota

I'm sure glad you bumped this back up as I am having more trouble getting on and off my tractors even the ones with steps as I get older. I have been carrying a folding camper step in my truck to use on bad days. I will show my sons these pictures and maybe look to putting something on in the futures.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    I'm sure glad you bumped this back up as I am having more trouble getting on and off my tractors even the ones with steps as I get older. I have been carrying a folding camper step in my truck to use on bad days. I will show my sons these pictures and maybe look to putting something on in the futures.
    It was very easy to make. I bought the 2 inch receiver insert at Walmart for about $6 I had one 2 inch square stock kicking around. The step plate came from Lowes pre cut out of there jiffy steel rack. I welded some shims on the Reciever insert so it fit properly on the loader support. It didn't take long to make, I think the holes are 5/8 or 3/4 I can't remember.
    Kubota B7800, Sundown Loader Forks, Landpride PHD, Sundown 66" Box Blade, 800 pound Ballast Drum with chain storage, ATI Grapple, 60" WR Long Diverter, Landpride Brush mower, 7' Landpride Rake,Manlift platform, Bucket mounted 6' Snow Plow, 3 point Cherry Picker, Subsoiler

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Some of the best ideas are the simplest, but they only become simple once someone else has thought of it.

The basic design looks great, but I am sure some changes could easily be incorporated. I can't step very high, so I might be able to come up with a flip up design or something like that. I imagine the parts are just lying somewhere just waiting to be discovered, thanks for the idea and post.

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Maybe I should look at these general forums. Like this idea and thanks TripleR for inserting the thread from the kubota forum.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425 NOW $250).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Just a follow up on this step, added a rubber non slip to the step

Kubota B7800, Sundown Loader Forks, Landpride PHD, Sundown 66" Box Blade, 800 pound Ballast Drum with chain storage, ATI Grapple, 60" WR Long Diverter, Landpride Brush mower, 7' Landpride Rake,Manlift platform, Bucket mounted 6' Snow Plow, 3 point Cherry Picker, Subsoiler

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    That looks really good.

Tractor
    JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Some anti-slip device on the flat plate would make it a bit better. A foot slipping off that slick plate could cause some serious damage. Other than that, great job. Hard to believe kubota didnt put a step on that tractor. About how high is it off the ground to the platform.
    Nice. I have been thinking of how to implement somthing like that for a fried who is up in years and has had both kness replaced so he has limited mobility.
    I was thinking of making a step that hung from a couple short thick wire rope cables and attached in a way that it would flex or swing if it hit something. sort of like you see on heavy equipment. I will give your solution some thought and see if it might work better than what I had planned. You step is rigid and that's good.

For an anti-slip surface just run a few beads spaced about 3/4 of an inch apart and you will have traction and never have to worry about it coming off or wearing away. you could even do a zig-zag pattern to give it even more traction.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tractor
    JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post

the way you have the step pined in this last photo might be good if there was concern about hitting something or a clearance issue because the pin is on top of the sleeve so if the step hits anything it will slide up because it is not pinned in a fixed position. at the same time the square tube makes this a very stable step .

i really like this idea and i think it is much better than what i was considering.
    i have some 2" tube steel, just need to grab a cheap receiver tube for it.

thanks for the great idea.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by sparc View Post
    the way you have the step pined in this last photo might be good if there was concern about hitting something or a clearance issue because the pin is on top of the sleeve so if the step hits anything it will slide up because it is not pinned in a fixed position. at the same time the square tube makes this a very stable step .

i really like this idea and i think it is much better than what i was considering.

I think I paid $6 for that Reciever insert at Wallmart. Seems all the new pickups come with a 2.5 inch Reciever hitch. Those 2 inch insert sleeves are everywhere now. They are very convenient for projects like this.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by sparc View Post

On another note we have done quite a bit of land clearing with that tractor along with mine this year since that step was put on. We have yet to have a ground clearance problem with it. My dad babies it but as soon as me and my brother get out of sight we use it pretty hard. We have been in the woods with it cutting trees and digging stumps out. I love the step myself, I still need to put one on my tractor. I use it all the time on my dads. My dad thinks I'm off my rocker anyway but then I am his favorite LOL he has always said I have more balls than brains

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast