Step for my dads 7610 Kubota

/ Step for my dads 7610 Kubota #21  
I'm sure glad you bumped this back up as I am having more trouble getting on and off my tractors even the ones with steps as I get older. I have been carrying a folding camper step in my truck to use on bad days. I will show my sons these pictures and maybe look to putting something on in the futures.

/ Step for my dads 7610 Kubota
I'm sure glad you bumped this back up as I am having more trouble getting on and off my tractors even the ones with steps as I get older. I have been carrying a folding camper step in my truck to use on bad days. I will show my sons these pictures and maybe look to putting something on in the futures.

It was very easy to make. I bought the 2 inch receiver insert at Walmart for about $6 I had one 2 inch square stock kicking around. The step plate came from Lowes pre cut out of there jiffy steel rack. I welded some shims on the Reciever insert so it fit properly on the loader support. It didn't take long to make, I think the holes are 5/8 or 3/4 I can't remember.

/ Step for my dads 7610 Kubota #23  
Some of the best ideas are the simplest, but they only become simple once someone else has thought of it.

The basic design looks great, but I am sure some changes could easily be incorporated. I can't step very high, so I might be able to come up with a flip up design or something like that. I imagine the parts are just lying somewhere just waiting to be discovered, thanks for the idea and post.

/ Step for my dads 7610 Kubota #24  
Maybe I should look at these general forums.:) :thumbsup: Like this idea and thanks TripleR for inserting the thread from the Kubota forum. :thumbsup:

Just a follow up on this step, added a rubber non slip to the step

73c9ed7e0e3698a0b0eda14d4d5c09eb.jpg

/ Step for my dads 7610 Kubota #27  
Some anti-slip device on the flat plate would make it a bit better. A foot slipping off that slick plate could cause some serious damage. Other than that, great job. Hard to believe Kubota didnt put a step on that tractor. About how high is it off the ground to the platform.

Nice. I have been thinking of how to implement somthing like that for a fried who is up in years and has had both kness replaced so he has limited mobility.
I was thinking of making a step that hung from a couple short thick wire rope cables and attached in a way that it would flex or swing if it hit something. sort of like you see on heavy equipment. I will give your solution some thought and see if it might work better than what I had planned. You step is rigid and that's good.

For an anti-slip surface just run a few beads spaced about 3/4 of an inch apart and you will have traction and never have to worry about it coming off or wearing away. you could even do a zig-zag pattern to give it even more traction.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/ Step for my dads 7610 Kubota #28  
Just a follow up on this step, added a rubber non slip to the step

73c9ed7e0e3698a0b0eda14d4d5c09eb.jpg

the way you have the step pined in this last photo might be good if there was concern about hitting something or a clearance issue because the pin is on top of the sleeve so if the step hits anything it will slide up because it is not pinned in a fixed position. at the same time the square tube makes this a very stable step .

i really like this idea and i think it is much better than what i was considering.
i have some 2" tube steel, just need to grab a cheap receiver tube for it.

thanks for the great idea.

the way you have the step pined in this last photo might be good if there was concern about hitting something or a clearance issue because the pin is on top of the sleeve so if the step hits anything it will slide up because it is not pinned in a fixed position. at the same time the square tube makes this a very stable step .

i really like this idea and i think it is much better than what i was considering.

I think I paid $6 for that Reciever insert at Wallmart. Seems all the new pickups come with a 2.5 inch Reciever hitch. Those 2 inch insert sleeves are everywhere now. They are very convenient for projects like this.

On another note we have done quite a bit of land clearing with that tractor along with mine this year since that step was put on. We have yet to have a ground clearance problem with it. My dad babies it but as soon as me and my brother get out of sight we use it pretty hard. We have been in the woods with it cutting trees and digging stumps out. I love the step myself, I still need to put one on my tractor. I use it all the time on my dads. My dad thinks I'm off my rocker anyway but then I am his favorite LOL he has always said I have more balls than brains