/ Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors #11  
you may be able to rent a tractor,

/ Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors #12  
   / Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors #13  
   / Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors
Many thanks for your replys

To Roberthoting,
Many thanks for your reply
I am in Kuwait, Kuwait is a small country, we do not have a secound hand tractor market, I have to wait untill some one decides to sell his and buy it. Also imagine if one part goes wrong and I have to replace it, then I have to get it from out side the country. That is one week minimum without baling.

To RedNeck In Training,
You said Claas Markant 55 needs 45HP, do you mean 45HP tractor or 45HP engine that is hooked to PTO shaft?
If you mean 45HP engine that is hooked to PTO shaft, could you post the link that you get that info from, I think it is a good start.

I will submit more soon....

/ Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors #15  
sorry about that, saljas. honestly did not even think to look at your location.

if you are pulling with a regular truck that is dedicated for bailer, you might be able to get some sort of HYD pump. that runs off the drive shaft, or some how mount a hyd pump under the hood. and connect hyd pump to the fan, alternator, a/c belt.

i have never paid much attention to how the hyd pumps on various trucks are mounted and connected, from dump trucks, to electrical pole handlers, to concrete mixing trucks, to other. they all normally have some sort of hyd pump on them.

/ Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors #16  
Many thanks for your replys

To Roberthoting,
I am in Kuwait, Kuwait is a small country, we do not have a secound hand tractor market, I have to wait untill some one decides to sell his and buy it. Also imagine if one part goes wrong and I have to replace it, then I have to get it from out side the country. That is one week minimum without baling.

To RedNeck In Training,
You said Claas Markant 55 needs 45HP, do you mean 45HP tractor or 45HP engine that is hooked to PTO shaft?
If you mean 45HP engine that is hooked to PTO shaft, could you post the link that you get that info from, I think it is a good start.

I will submit more soon....

CLAAS*-*Square Balers*-*MARKANT*-*Specifications

I had a short contract job in Kuwait few years back. If I remember it right it was at Mina Al-Ahmadi refinery.

/ Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors #17  
Saljas,

What kind of truck do you have? That may help us give you more and better suggestions.

/ Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors #18  
If I was in your situation I would most likely make a "PTO power trailer" like show above like the Amish do in this country, and then pull with what ever you have that can pull it and at the correct speed, (my need a hand throttle, or a cruse control that is modified to work at low speeds, to work as as Governor for the pulling unit.)

Amish Baling Hay With Horses Arthur Illinois - YouTube

many early balers in this country had a engine mounted on the baler as many tractors did not have PTOs then, so mounting the engine directly on the baler and the reduction drive could be a possibility as well,

the thing with the power trailer is that one could power other PTO equipment you may come across as well, and add some hydraulics to the cart as well so one can do more with it,

some of them drove the fly wheel directly using the fly wheel as a pulley, the engine had a hand clutch on it, to disengage the engine from the unit, (one would need some type of clutch on a power trailer as well, Newholland 282 Hay Baler | Tractor Implements

I have seen some bailing rigs, made from old one and half ton trucks or two ton trucks, usually shortened up and an additional transmission for lower gears, (could be a transfer case out of a 4 wheel drive) and then some made a PTO that would drive off the front of the engine and was then shafted to the rear of the rig for the PTO,

the thing the baler guys liked it has suspension, and had road speed, as well, (if all else failed you could mount a motor for power the bailer on the truck bed or frame,

this is an example of a home made tractor like I was talking about, some used the truck cab, Ford | Flickr - Berbagi Foto!

the motor driving the baler will need some type of Governor on it and most likely the pulling unit will to,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
one more link to a power cart, http://www.farmingwithhorses.com/horse-drawn-power-carts

Last edited:
   / Tractors are expensive, how to substitute tractors
SawDustSmb
Many thanks for your reply,
I also do not think it will take that much HP.
The picture you sent is what I was looking for, so it can be done. Does it spin directly while staring or is there a power separator?
In other words, Is the baler spinning while starting the engine?