V Plow

/ V Plow #21  
If i was closer I would scoop up that sidewalk V off craigslist ! If you want other suggestions go to snowplow dealers and look for an old retired V plow that maybe bent up or just wore out... I have one out back a friend gave me 8'2" boss V that was literally destroyed by a cowboy plower. I made a mount to put it on my skidsteer... but have never used it.. Probabbly never will lol good luck.

/ V Plow #22  
I bought a decent 8 ft straight blade with the frame and angle cylinders last year for $75. I intended to make a side wing for my big 4wd plow/blower tractor.
As you only need 4ft, An 8 ft plow cut in half and rewelded at 45 degrees would give you more than 4 ft.
If you're in an area of heavy snow. you'll find you can't push it back after a few heavy storms. That's part of the reason for the side wings on your town/county/state plows. to make room for the next snowfall. When the accumulation is too much, they push the tops (winging back) off the banks so those high sides of the V plows have more room to throw it. At about 30 mph I clipped a light pole with the wing one time and had wires whipping for about 3 blocks it each direction. The boss wasn't too proud of us that day!!!
Smiley

Attachments

• MAX FRONT TILTED.jpg
    MAX FRONT TILTED.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
   / V Plow #23  
I'm glad I have nothing to add to this thread. Central Texans have no need for such!:D

/ V Plow #24  
I'm glad I have nothing to add to this thread. Central Texans have no need for such!:D

That is a thought!!!
Oh shucks, it just occurred to me, if there was an air conditioning, hurricane or rattlesnake thread, I couldn't add anything to those either.---- lol ---- Smiley (couldn't figure out how to add the smiley face)
Smiley

/ V Plow #25  
Smiley, your smiley faces are found under the yellow smiley face just above where you type a quick reply ...click it... try it... and enjoy:cool2:

/ V Plow #26  
Just tried it and nothing shows up there. This computer is so old it was probably invented before the smileys, so they don't show up on it. Either that or the dial up I'm on is so slow, they can't get through in time. Cable co wants $3-5000 to run 350 ft of line and won't let me run it.

/ V Plow #27  
I feeeellll your pain still being on dial up. possibly you have a popup blocker... sad you can't use the smiley's