Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4020

Default Re: Log Lift Table

about the best two photos that show the base, the splitter started out as a three point unit ran off the tractor Hydraulics, and welded a plate to the three point frame, and mounted the HF crane on it,
    the unit was only about $130 and shipping I think was only $6 on it, the log grapple is from northern and was about $30, do not remember the shipping, but had that for loading the rounds, as I have another HF crane on the S10, and my grand son likes to help reel them in,

just for info the power pack is removable for other uses, (use it on the wire roller, have used it to run hydraulic on machine with out the tractor, have used it on other wire type roller for rolling up cable, and can still be used on the three point if needed, built the power pack after fuel got expensive, and my SIL need it one time so that is when the axle and tires were added,

Tractor
    wheelhorse 520

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    about the best two photos that show the base, the splitter started out as a three point unit ran off the tractor Hydraulics, and welded a plate to the three point frame, and mounted the HF crane on it,
    the unit was only about $130 and shipping I think was only $6 on it, the log grapple is from northern and was about $30, do not remember the shipping, but had that for loading the rounds, as I have another HF crane on the S10, and my grand son likes to help reel them in,

just for info the power pack is removable for other uses, (use it on the wire roller, have used it to run hydraulic on machine with out the tractor, have used it on other wire type roller for rolling up cable, and can still be used on the three point if needed, built the power pack after fuel got expensive, and my SIL need it one time so that is when the axle and tires were added,

Thanks for the pics that's a pretty neat setup I can see something like that in my future pretty soon me old back ain't what it used to be and needs all the help it can get.
    If you don't like what you are getting; Then quit doing what you are doing.

Tractor
    NH T2320 TL

Quote Originally Posted by mx842 View Post
    Thanks for the pics that's a pretty neat setup I can see something like that in my future pretty soon me old back ain't what it used to be and needs all the help it can get.
    You might be able to get one of those 2000 pound winches from HF and mount on your setup. It looks like they are on sale again for $59.99. Then you wouldn't even have to do any cranking.
    12V Winch - ATV/UTV Winch with Load-Holding Brake
    Woods PHD35, Very Old 60" BB, Harbor Freight QH, BX42s Chipper, County Line Carry-All, County Line (Tarter Gate) 48" Tiller, Homemade 60" Dethatcher

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TYM 350

The least costly method for a log lift attachment is to use a electric winch. This one is self supported.
    100 0123 - YouTube

Here is a pic of a attached electric lift.-jags-log-lift-jpg

Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)

Nice setup, but I've always thought the manual jack on those would be slow and tiring to use. You've got a hydraulic pump right there for the splitter - why not add another valve (with relief) and replace the jack with a hyd cylinder? Then you can use the hydraulics to run it faster and easier than it is now. Or perhaps you use the winch for most of the lifting and the jack isn't a big deal? I still think that you have hydraulics right there, it's a shame not to use them to the fullest...
    -Dave

"Being a pessimist is great. You can't lose. Either you end up being right...or you are pleasantly surprised."

L5240HST, QA, 824 Loader, 48" Forks, 48" Grapple, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, Ancient Farmi Skidding winch
    Trailer - 10k/16' twin axle w/elec brakes
    2005 F250 5.4V8(3V) 3.73/4wd tow vehicle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12