Dump trailer angle of the dangle

/ Dump trailer angle of the dangle
TRR thank you for that!

Looks like Munciepower is selling PENTA products.

CRAZY that this (MunicePower) is the only company I can find selling these
types of cylinders and cradles in the USA, I have not confirmed this yet.
hearsay only.

PENTA needs to be researched and priced thru Munciepower.com

If Muncie Power can get what I/we need I may be able to forget
about KRAMP, but the price will be much higher. errrr

/ Dump trailer angle of the dangle #84  
what about welding on a "u-joint" to the end of the cylinder rod. and the other end of the U joint to the bottom side of the frame for the dump bed.

then place another "U-joint" on bottom of the cylinder, and other end of u-joint on to the frame of the vehicle.

your not needing 360 degrees of rotation of freedom. but you are either tipping bed to the back. or to the sides.

360 joint would only be good, if you planned on tipping the bed directly back on one corner. but with only using a single cylinder. you would most likely have the entire bed and cylinder falling over on you.

weather getting bad and losing internet connection...

but started getting hits on goggle -> images for...
"hydraulic cylinder rod end ball socket 180"

Inline Studs - Zinc Plated - End Fixings - Gas Struts

led me to...
google term -> images-> "ball joint tie rod end"

led me to...
CV joint

rod end ball joints, rod end ball joints Manufacturers in LuLuSoSo.com - page 1
u might see if if you can find type of joint under "bearings" vs a joint or hinge.

rain has me, posting before i loose internet completely.

might just be able to find the "joint" itself, and then get a cylinder/rod with a threaded end, or weld the joint onto the joint.

/ Dump trailer angle of the dangle #85  
go to harbor freight and get some 1 7/8 or 2 inch trailer balls and use a piece of pipe and cut out the female coupler not like its going to dump 10 tons of rock on a platform that size, most of the balls are all rated for 2k to 5k more than enough and not very expensive.

/ Dump trailer angle of the dangle #86  
jarokoro said:
go to harbor freight and get some 1 7/8 or 2 inch trailer balls and use a piece of pipe and cut out the female coupler not like its going to dump 10 tons of rock on a platform that size, most of the balls are all rated for 2k to 5k more than enough and not very expensive.

I like this idea. Some heavy pipe that has been chamfered would work well but you would need to put pins at each corner to secure it from coming off the balls. Then you pull any two pins and it dumps that direction. If you are dumping on an incline the deck might fall off though.

/ Dump trailer angle of the dangle #87  
Artisan, i will take a load of sugarbeet pulp for the sheep of my landlord tomorrow with my brothers dumptrailer, and have taken some shots of the 5 stage telescopic cylinder. Its a 10 ton Veenhuis dumper of 1986 which we saved from the scrapyard last winter, realigned it after rollover damage, beefed it up, hammered most dents out of it and had it resprayed. Its on large 20/70-508 tires so my 60hp tractor has no trouble pulling it through terrain. The tailgate is made so that it can also get rid of a load of branches or treestumps without plugging, or be lifted above future silage extensions.
For the 2.5 ton drawbar load, we have a special drawbar that keeps the load closer to the rear axle, its a welded pin or knob, with a lock latch above it. the French call it a pitonfix.

Last summer we had 13 ton of topsoil on it, topping the scales with a 20t combined weight :)

Attachments

• Foto0089.jpg
    Foto0089.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Foto0090.jpg
    Foto0090.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Foto0091.jpg
    Foto0091.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 325
   / Dump trailer angle of the dangle #88  
Wow, I have massive trailer envy! That's a beauty! And your barnyard is paved with bricks?
Wow again.
Jim

/ Dump trailer angle of the dangle #89  
Yes, 10x20x 7 or 8cm thick concrete bricks is the most common method of paving here. You dont find a lot of rocks to crush here, just river gravel (round pebbles that dont compact well) and sand, but together they make concrete instead. Since 10 or 15 years there are also H bricks that interlock, for even greater stability when you manoever on them with rigid tandems.

/ Dump trailer angle of the dangle #90  
I included a picture of the running gear I recently bought from
the Marines. It is a $3200.00 unit, all mine for $225.00. They
use these for generators. Once the generator is offloaded
to probably a ship, the trailer is no longer wanted...

Anyone see anything NO GO about this?

trailer-onbase.jpg

Hey Artisan. You didn't mention, but are you just planning to strip the running gear off of that wagon and add them to a new frame or perhaps move the front wheels back toward the rear wheels and replace the wagon tongue with a fixed trailer tongue? If you are planning to build the dump box on the wagon frame as-is. then I would be concerned about the hinged tongue. When loaded it would travel fine, but once you have the deck up and dumping toward the rear a heavy load may lift the front axles off the ground without a fixed tongue there to support it. Even a side dump might be a concern without the triangular toungue to help stablize the trailer since that might pivot sideways and jacknife the trailer to your tow vehicle.

If you are moving the front axle back bolting it to the I beams next to the rear axle, you will want to be sure the new trailer tongue height is going to allow the trailer to stay level when attached to your primary tow vehicle, since there is no suspension and if the trailer is not level you will be putting most of your load weight on one axle instead of distributing it evenly on both.

Maybe your plan is to move both axles to the back and use leaf springs?