AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE?

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #21  
I played around a little with inventor about 5 years ago, I believe it was version "11". It had some built-in tutorials that really got you off to a good start I thought. I didn't have enough real-world use for it to really learn it very well though, but it definitely seemed quite powerful.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #22  
AC is not being generous, this promotion is for students. If you have lots of young upcoming draftsmen designers and engineers that have experience using a certain software companies will buy that software if it meets their needs to save on training. Same thing Apple did several years ago putting apple computers in schools.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #23  
Question..........

Where can I get a program that will crate machine code ......... ? (machine tool path)

Haas compatible would be great, but not necessary, I can edit to any particular machine format.

Also for turning.......... ??? Would LOVE to have an old Mazatrol at this moment......

Thanks

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #25  
Software companies and especially Autodesk sue unlicensed users routinely for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I have over $20k invested in Autodesk and Carlson and would never risk having any non-licensed copies of software. They write the software code today where your computer will rat you out. My $ 0.02

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #26  
Question..........

Where can I get a program that will crate machine code ......... ? (machine tool path)

Haas compatible would be great, but not necessary, I can edit to any particular machine format.

Also for turning.......... ??? Would LOVE to have an old Mazatrol at this moment......

Thanks

Lots of programs out there...
We have used NC Autocode, MasterCam, ect...
Last one I used was OneCNC...
They all do basically the same thing...
Biggest issue is support and price...
I've been using Auto Cad since 88 v 9...
Been teaching it since 94...
AutoDesk has had to incorporate their modeling packages with their 2-D to compete with Solid Works, Solid Edge, ect...
Google sketch up is a really good free 3-D program...

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #27  
   / AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #28  
Software companies and especially Autodesk sue unlicensed users routinely for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I have over $20k invested in Autodesk and Carlson and would never risk having any non-licensed copies of software. They write the software code today where your computer will rat you out. My $ 0.02

Exactly.

In this case it appears that Autodesk is allowing legitimate downloads for educational purposes IF you meet the requirements. They even are allowing you to download and educate yourself if your a veteran or unemployed from the manufacturing industry. Again, generous, especially the second part.

This is in stark contrast to how it was when I was trained in Acad. I wanted a copy to take home to do homework and get ahead of the class. That was strictly forbidden.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #29  
Exactly.

In this case it appears that Autodesk is allowing legitimate downloads for educational purposes IF you meet the requirements. They even are allowing you to download and educate yourself if your a veteran or unemployed from the manufacturing industry. Again, generous, especially the second part.

This is in stark contrast to how it was when I was trained in Acad. I wanted a copy to take home to do homework and get ahead of the class. That was strictly forbidden.

The educational versions that we use here will watermark any printed copy that states Educational Version...
Autodesk has allowed students free downloads for several years now if they provide their school e-mail...
I think that the software is good for 1 year???
Microsoft allows students to purchase their office suites of products at ridiculously low prices using the same format...
You just need to prove that you are a student...
It is a good marketing tool for the companies to do this...

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #30  
The educational versions that we use here will watermark any printed copy that states Educational Version...
Autodesk has allowed students free downloads for several years now if they provide their school e-mail...
I think that the software is good for 1 year???
Microsoft allows students to purchase their office suites of products at ridiculously low prices using the same format...
You just need to prove that you are a student...
It is a good marketing tool for the companies to do this...

I believe that the software this thread is discussing watermarks prints as well.

When I last had Acad training, it was well over 12 years ago. It seams that they have loosened up their educational licensing considerably.

Dont get me started on licensing for Office Student and Teacher. That was a NIGHTMARE. That software was some of the most pirated and license abused Ive ever seen.