AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE?

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #31  
I believe that the software this thread is discussing watermarks prints as well.

When I last had Acad training, it was well over 12 years ago. It seams that they have loosened up their educational licensing considerably.

Dont get me started on licensing for Office Student and Teacher. That was a NIGHTMARE. That software was some of the most pirated and license abused Ive ever seen.

No doubt that many folk would steal a copy from their company to use at home...
AutoDesk and Microsoft would love to go to a subscription service deal but a lot of schools have bucked at that notion...
We have over 65 seats here and it is quite expensive updating with each version...
I think that the educational upgrade per version is around $300 per seat...
Not chump change...
That is every year...
I started in 88 with version 9 using dos...
I'm and oldie...

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #32  
When I started with computers I was using Generic Cadd, a very good program and would do ever thing auto cad would do at the time,, Auto cad bought out generic cadd and killed the product (here I had over $700 invested and there "discount to up grade to there program was a slap in the face, it was like $25 or $50 dollar discount, and if I remember correctly the auto cad was over $1200,

I will not use there products,

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #33  
When I worked in the CAD/CAE business 15 years ago, the profit model was to sell at cost and create a revenue stream by charging 15% of list for maintenance (help desk support & free upgrades). Other profit sources were instructor lead training classes and copyrighted training materials (books). You had to have that support paid up whenever the OS changed or had service patches or you got left behind or had to update your maintenance contract retroactively (pay all the maintenance fees that you had "skipped"). So "free" has a different meaning to me. Maybe the business model has changed and I am wrong. Do yourself a favor and find out before you commit a lot of time and design to this particular product.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #34  
CAD companies will protect their product with everything available, there a many truly free programs available for the amateur designer that you can use without the risk of a huge lawsuit. Remember the professional programs have a long learning curve, the things you see on the web sites have been done by professionals so do not expect the same results when you attempt to use it. I have been using CAD for close to 40 years and still am learning every day.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #35  
Microsoft allows students to purchase their office suites of products at ridiculously low prices using the same format...
You just need to prove that you are a student...
It is a good marketing tool for the companies to do this...

My two sons are studying engineering at University and are able to download and use many Microsoft apps for free. Apps including Office, Windows 8, Windows Server among others. I believe the licenses are limited to 24 months. I am not sure of what credentials Microsoft require.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #36  
I've got the beta mac version of Inventor on my machine as they were giving it away this summer. Last used it 10 years ago as Mechanical Desktop. Pretty sluggish on my laptop.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #37  
so is this autodesk inventor (very similar to solidworks), or autocad (2d lines on a black background)? if it is inventor that would be awesome! if its autocad you should just go download DraftSight from dassault systemes(the makers of solidworks and many other programs). DraftSight is free and easy to use.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #38  
so is this autodesk inventor (very similar to solidworks), or autocad (2d lines on a black background)? if it is inventor that would be awesome! if its autocad you should just go download DraftSight from dassault systemes(the makers of solidworks and many other programs). DraftSight is free and easy to use.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #39  
Anyone having problems downloading?
I've clicked the download button a few times to no avail.