AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE?

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #1  

Artisan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
That's what I said, "For Free?" and sure enough...

I chose AutoCad Inventor Professional at this link and HomeSchool and I am currently
doing the DL. It is like just under EIGHT Gigabites so make sure you have room on your
hard drive and your fast enough to run it. Watch the movie on the first page .

:thumbsup: It sure would be cool if a whole bunch of guys got into this and
we could help each other, then maybe start a library of proven designs
to share...

CLICK HERE It's the real deal.

PS, I had posed a question to the AutoDesk Forum and an
elder saw what I was doing and publically gave me the link.
It makes sense for them to give it away...think about it.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #2  
Well, technically the "free" software isn't legal for you or anyone unless:

"You must be one of the following: (a) a faculty member; or (b) a student; or (c) an Autodesk Assistance Program participant."

Do post up your results though, it sounds like you may need to prove you are one of the above in order to get a serial for the product. That 8gb download may end up being for naught.

Edit: Tested the download , PK and serial are displayed at DL page. No further verification appears to be required

Last edited:
   / AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE?
Nope,

Homeschool is homeschool.
I have a Serial Number and Product ID.
I have one gig left to DL.

The way I see it, they give it away now so as to get
as many people as possible using it because once you
get a grip on how to use it, you will be VERY reluctent
to switch to a new flavor.

So now they have all these folks who get good using it, and
they go out into the work force, they are educated in "X"
flavor of CAD, now the employer will pop for that seat.

Seat= (A term used that describes one license issued, a company
my buy 20 "seats" which allows them 20 people legally to
use the software. )

I GOT IT, it was effortless ! WooWHO!

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #6  
Downloading it as we speak.
EDIT: Thanks for the "heads up"!

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #7  
Downloaded it as well. My wife works with the university so I guess she has a copy that I can use. Should be handy with the CNC mill. Thanks for letting us know.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #8  
I'm a big Autocad user for my work and have been using for close to 20 years. It has a pretty steep learning curve but is a very powerful tool.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #9  
Nope,

Homeschool is homeschool.
I have a Serial Number and Product ID.
I have one gig left to DL.

Not to beat the point to death because Autodesk doesn't pay me, but I hope your enrolled in that little home school of yours as an active student or faculty.

Eligibility Requirements

To participate in the Autodesk Education Community, you must agree to and comply with the applicable Terms of Use and also satisfy the following eligibility requirements. You must be one of the following: (a) a faculty member; or (b) a student; or (c) an Autodesk Assistance Program participant.

A faculty member is an employee at a primary or secondary educational institution or any degree-granting or certificate-granting educational institution or any learning, teaching or training facilities and who upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of such status.

A student is an individual enrolled at a recognized degree-granting or certificate-granting educational institution for three (3) or more credit hours in a degree-granting or certificate granting education program or in a nine (9) month or longer certificate program, and upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of such enrollment.

An Autodesk Assistance Program participant is either a veteran or unemployed individual who has (a) previously worked in the architecture, engineering, design or manufacturing industries, has completed the online registration for the Autodesk Assistance Program, and upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of eligibility for that program.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #10  
I fit into that last one, I'm disabled veteran in electrical engineering I use 2012 autocad at work but would not mind trying out the inventor program again,l tried it about 10 yrs ago when it was new product but doing pretty good.

signed up waiting on conformation email now.
Mark