Wheel spacers / John Deere 2320 / Front and rear

/ Wheel spacers / John Deere 2320 / Front and rear #1  

BIG DOOLEY

Platinum Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE 2320
I recently made some wheel spacers for my JD 2320.
The front spacers were needed for tire chain clearance.
1" aluminum with pass thru holes for the lug bolts gives good clearance for the chains.
longer 14mm bolts were required.
HD 2 link ladder chains "fit" on the rear of my 2012 and clear the hydraulic lines and weren't needed.
I made the spacers for future use when i will be pulling logs for fire wood and to give the tractor better stability on sloped terrain.
( I also like to weld and fabricate things for relaxation) i am married with 3 kids not including myself.
in the process of painting the rear spacers.
the rear spacers will not work with the 54d mowing deck on. the tires will hit the deck caster wheels.
so for those of you that have said chains on the rear of your 2320 will not fit without spacers keep this in mind.
I plan to remove them in the summer.
tom new tractor 241.JPGnew tractor 293.JPGnew tractor 294.JPGnew tractor 295.JPGnew tractor 296.JPGnew tractor 297.JPGnew tractor 298.JPGnew tractor 309.JPGnew tractor 312.JPGnew tractor 313.JPGnew tractor 314.JPGnew tractor 315.JPGWHEEL SPACERS 001.JPGWHEEL SPACERS 002.JPGWHEEL SPACERS 003.JPGWHEEL SPACERS 004.JPGWHEEL SPACERS.JPG

/ Wheel spacers / John Deere 2320 / Front and rear #2  
nice work

/ Wheel spacers / John Deere 2320 / Front and rear
Thank you.
just waiting for some new 10.9 grade metric bolts from a local fastner supply company.
they had to order the length i needed.
i may also fab up some stainless fender extensions that can slide/latch on and off.
i don't want to drill or cut the original fenders.
i do a lot of snow plowing and want to control flying slush off the tires when clearing the road.
tom

/ Wheel spacers / John Deere 2320 / Front and rear #4  
If you have a loader on it, will the wheel bearings take this offset load ?

/ Wheel spacers / John Deere 2320 / Front and rear
i do not have a loader.
loader or not the bearings wouldn't be affected anymore than the weight of the loader , ballast box ...
the load, will be increased leverage to the axle flange and shaft outside of each outer bearing.
the outside edge of the tire , as it moves farther away from the axle flange past the point of the bearing increases the stress on the flange and axle outside the axle housing.
reversing rim offset by rotating your rims will do the same thing.
its like putting a pipe on the end of a ratchet for more leverage.
the weight applied to the bearing doesn't increase but the leverage applied to the axle and flange past the bearing will increase.
i will be pulling with the tractor and not loading weight down on the tractor.
putting 6" wider tires and rims on a car, would be the same as adding 6" wheel spacers also.
i'm looking for a wider stance for better stability, and gaining 80 lbs of ballast weight that is not loaded on the bearings at all and lowers the center of gravity of the tractor. loading tires without having to load them.
tom