Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #101  
Good job, looks really nice! :)

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #102  
I am having a serious case of shop envy right now!!!

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
OK, so work has begun again, Not much has been done over the last month, The service is hooked up and some of the wiring down stairs has been run. The windows are in also, Hope to get the doors done tom.

P1210084.jpg

P1210086.jpg

P1210087.jpg

P1210089.jpg

P1210088.jpg

P1210091.jpg

P1210090.jpg

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #104  
Joe, not sure if you have decided on this yet.... but why not just use water baseboard (or piping in the floor upstairs even) for your upstairs heat? If you already have Radiant heat for the downstairs, that means you are already heating water.... Just makes sense IMO

Mike

So my Garage is 28 X 28 , I have Radiant heat in the floor for the first floor with 10 Ft Ceilings, On the second floor I have a 16 x 28 Room with 8 Ft ceilings, I was thinking about heating the second floor with Electric Baseboard,
I was wondering if you guys think this is a good idea, if so how many Base boards should I get and what size?
Also what kind of wire do I need to hook them all up to one thermostat?
Should I get a wall mounted one or one that is mounted right to the unit.
I only plan to keep the garage at about 50 Deg, but would like to be able to bring it to 70 If need be. I don't need it to raise fast. Thanks

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #105  
What I have done in the past, was just alternate standard 'job' boxes every 4' or so on different circuits. The really unique thing I did though, was to spray paint the cover plates a different color for each circuit, and then label the corresponding breaker in the box that same color. Makes it easy if you do trip one, to identify it quickly.

Also!! do NOT put any outlets on your lighting circuit. Really sucks to be under a truck running something like an electric impact, and trip the breaker taking out all the lights!! (Just did this at a friends shop over the weekend... he has like 2 outlets that are shared with the lights, and oddly, they are the handiest ones to use!)

You may have already decided about your electric outlets in the shop but I have a suggestion based on my experience.
I ran #14 wire to the outlets and put in a single duplex outlet in each place.

I suggest that you use #12 wire and put quad outlets at each location. I wish I had. You could even have one duplex of the quad on one circuit and the other duplex on another circuit if you use heavy draw tools while another is running.

Clem

I may run hot water baseboard upstairs, People also swear by those eden pure heaters, I was wondering if I ran one of them upstairs and the radiant downstairs if between the two it would stay warm up there.

I have plenty of outlets, outside,inside,ceiling,floors and walls, and plenty of circuits so I hope not to trip stuff, but yes lights will be on different circuits, thanks for your thoughts.

I may run hot water baseboard upstairs, People also swear by those eden pure heaters, I was wondering if I ran one of them upstairs and the radiant downstairs if between the two it would stay warm up there.

I have plenty of outlets, outside,inside,ceiling,floors and walls, and plenty of circuits so I hope not to trip stuff, but yes lights will be on different circuits, thanks for your thoughts.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #108  
I don't know how I missed this thread but that is a beautiful and well thought out barn. Good location and design, great floor and solid building skills. It's better than many homes. What a great place to work, hide or watch the snow fall. You don't need much advice but I see a small refrigerator as important.

If you decide to epoxy (paint) the floor---before you fill it up--, use a solvent based type as opposed to the water based big box store type. It's way better. I did my floor--thread out there somewhere on TBN--and 100% of the people that see it have commented favorably. Cleans up great and no stains.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #109  
Looking really nice! I too think the idea of putting a door and ramp on the back side to store equipment upstairs would be a really nice addition.

Yeah there are things that I wish I thought of like a door/ramp on the back before It was framed out, But that is something I can do at a later time with minimal trouble.

Six Dogs do you have a brand of floor epoxy that you recommend?