Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #111  

Six Dogs do you have a brand of floor epoxy that you recommend?

Yes. Sherwin Williams and I think the # is 9000. Ask again when you get closer and I'll look up exact product numbers. Use their "reducer" meaning thinner and buy when you can get 30% or 35% off on some "grand opening" special or something like that. It takes two coats and the first coat uses more than the second. Don't scrimp on product on the second coat and etch concrete with Muriatic acid first, especially if you coated the concrete after you poured it. Somewhere on this site are pictures of my floor and it is absolutely beautiful. Roll the paint on with a wide nappy roller--brush the edges.

Clean it with Sam's Club Cleaner/Degreaser and No-Rinse Floor Cleaner and use one of those yellow buckets with the ringer built into it. Rust spots or severe stains come out with a scrub brush and degreaser.

Found a coouple less-than-ideal photos but there are more around. This is after a couple years of use and the floor was dirty at the time so it looks duller than it is. Normally it has a degree of shine and "crispness" to it.

I debated clear-coating for a third coat but didn't because of the cost but i just might do that this year.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 629
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 487
   / Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
Six Dogs, when did you put your shop up? I would like to see more pic's of it.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #113  
Six Dogs, when did you put your shop up? I would like to see more pics of it.

Built 2001 so it's 11 years old and is a Morton pole barn. Epoxy done maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Did the garage too. I'll look for more original photos but we might be out of luck. I used to have some taken after I first finished but can't find them. Here's a mediocre photo example.

001.JPG

The floor has built-in anti skid properties so it's not a high gloss but a soft lowish-gloss leaning towards somewhat slightly flattish gloss. If I were to gloss clear over this now it'd be like leather shoes on clear ice. But it would be pretty.

Many commercial places use this product so check out fire stations and police depts. It comes in a few colors but gray is 99.9% of what I have seen. Sprinkle flakes cancel out the anti-skid so nix that. You need the anti-skid or trucks slide around on the high idle of start-up.

Not positive but pretty sure this is the product. I see they now suggest primer and may have way back then but I didn't and was likely given the advice not to.
http://protective.sherwin-williams.com/detail.jsp?A=sku-26298:product-6878

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #114  

I second the epoxy idea. Especially now when the building's empty. There will never be a better or more convenient time.

Sherwin williams is a good brand. But, I did my garage with Benjamin Moore. M42. It was expensive but worth it.

Stay away from Rustoleum. A friend of mine had a bad experience with that.

I would like to do it, I just need to get the building it self done first.

Here is a Update, Hopefully the build will get back on track, Had a few other projects to tend to.

P1220088.jpg

P1220086.jpg

P1220087.jpg

P2160310_zps3bf773b9.jpg

P2150302_zpsed7495c2.jpg

P2160312_zpsa388355a.jpg

P2150297_zps67a7d557.jpg

P2150304_zpscebdf1c4.jpg

P2150305_zps975518ac.jpg

P2150307_zps8f2ca12c.jpg

Thanks, the detail work is makes it nice but it is also what makes a project take longer.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #120  
Great looking work. All the time spent on the finish & detail work will pay rewards for many a year. Not only will it be safe and strong, but the good looks will provide a real sense of pride every time you look at it. :thumbsup: