Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #131  
I'll Have to do more research, DO you know how it is done? Is it hard to do? Any special tools? I'll have to try and locate a number for the company.

Application is simple. I forgot the timing, if they want you to wait 30 days after pouring, can't remember that, so read the label. After reading what they wanted, I opened the can and walked around dumping it on. My wife had a squeege and a wide broom and she chased me around spreading it out. Then we both broomed it back and forth for about 20 minutes until it suddenly got slick as cat sh*t. You will not miss that moment. When that happens, the instructions say to lightly spray water on it, so we had a hose ready, and sprayed a layer of water onto it. This takes away the slickness and you are to then keep brooming it around, back and forth. About 15 minutes later it starts to get slick a second time, then add plenty of water and broom whatever is left, along with the water, off the edge of the surface. In our case we did not get all of it off, we could later see a few patches that some dried on the surface. That shouldnt matter though, because in my experience anything on the surface of a concrete floor will eventually wear off anyway.
The comment above that said the floor must be buffed to maintain the shine: Not sure about this yet. I read that simply sweeping and mopping eventually brings some shine, and that could be accelerated if you wish by some method. I plan to study it over time. so far it has only been swept once, because the interior is still under construction. I did buy myself a mop pail on wheels. Looking forward to having a dust free floor.
Ashford is not for everybody, some people are looking for something a bit more flashy. I usually go for the long term utility in a product, over cosmetic beauty alone. I didnt want a surface coating that would be affected by chemicals and welding splatter, so Ashford made sense to me.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
jimgerken
How much did you kit cost? Where is a good place to buy it?

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #133  
Some of the Walmarts I've been in have a colored concrete floor with a high gloss. I wonder if its stained first, or dye added to concrete and then Ashford applied?

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #134  
jimgerken
How much did you kit cost? Where is a good place to buy it?

In our area we have a retailer called Brock White. They sell virtually everything for concrete work. Tools, the really good caulk, sealants, dies, rebar chairs and ties, saw blades, etc. I called them one afternoon and asked them to bring me up to date on sealants. I had used acrylic based junk several times before. And once I got hold of a solvent based high gloss product which was awesome but was eventually affected by wear and would simply melt with gasoline or most paint thinners, so I knew I wanted something different. Brock White guys taught me about this Ashford, then I did the online research, and decided to give it a try. Not really a kit, they sold me three 5 gallon pails. According to the instructions it was going to take two pails, but the weather had been really dry for months, and was again really dry the day we put it on, and it was windy too, so once we had dumped on two pails and kinda needed more, we were glad we had purchased three pails. We used it all up. I guess that is the safe way to plan it, buy more than it says to, then take back a pail if you can. BTW, there is a shelf life on the stuff, be sure to check the date on the can before you buy. If its old, get them to replace it with fresh stock. they are not supposed to sell expired product.
Cost? Geez, from memory it was about $80 per five gallon pail, and I used three on my 35 x 60 slab. It took two people an hour to apply it, and we were wishing we had a third person cause the process goes quickly. A kid standing by with a hose or pushing a broom would sure help. Wear rubber boots. Get ready to have someone slip and fall down at that slick step, its amazing how slippery it SUDDENLY gets.
Wlmart? I often wonder the same thing when I am in Walmart , and fleet Farm, because their floors look so good. Not sure who to ask.... Good luck.

I know it has been a while but other Projects have come up, This is where I was at as of this morning, I did get some more of the upstairs done after these were taken. Building passed inspection and so did the Elec.

Last edited:
   / Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #138  
Looks really nice. Exc quality construction.

Thanks It has taken a bit longer then I had planned but it is coming along. I plan to have most of it done this month, I then as time allows finish off the upstairs nicer.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #140  
Wow, nice attention to detail, and keeping it looking authentic! Really like it. Well done.