Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #21  
+1 to what MarkV said. Also hinges wear allows doors to sag and drag, swinging door that's open is often in the way or have to walk around, sliders can be left open any fraction for any reason and my favorite is going in or out and the wind blows a swinging door closed or hits you. I have both. Easy to tell my preference :)

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
I am going to go with sliders, Just worried about getting them to seal, Any ideas on What brand of slider hardware to get?

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #24  
TSC and Southern States both had all the rails and hangers that I needed. Given your location, I would try TSC. Didn't seal mine, it was a barn. The overhang prevents rain from getting in from above. Also put side latches on inside to further secure the door. You gonna use sliding door as primary entrance or have a separate 36 inch swinging door? BTW it's looks good. Hope you keep posting as you go.

I have a Standard steel entrance door on the left side toward the front near the stone wall. I ll keep posting, I am trying to figure out my electric I don't know much about it,I am confused on a few things.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #26  
One thing for sure on the electric is run it underground. Your place is too nice to screw it up with an overhead line. Have you thought about putting any type of wood burner in there? Perfect addition to any shop, especially in the winter.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #27  
Nice shop, but way to small. I could never fit all of my "stuff" inside there. In fact, I am not sure if you can build a building big enought to hold everything I seem to accumilate. The bigger the building the more stuff you can collect.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #28  
Bill, I always heard the only problem with any shop is its never big enough no matter the size :)

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #29  
Great looking property, the building is looking good too, I hate to see a heated shop, with drafty sliders or swinging doors. There are several manufactures that make overhead, insulated garage doors, that look like barn doors or carage house doors. I have had both sliders and swinging doors and you will hate them in the winter, snow and ice are always a problem. Its also hard to keep mice out, they will like your heated floor.

What is your electric problem? There are several on this sight that may be able to help.

What will you use for heating your floor?

Dave

I am not sure what size and type of wire to run, I am putting a 100 AMP service in the garage, I have a 2 " Conduit PVC from shop to house, I need a size and type of wire to run the whole way, underground and into the home. I keep getting told different types to run, but then some are only good for underground and then not into the home and vice versa.

Yes shops are never big enough, I am looking into a long term plan here, I like lot's of out buildings, with out having to remove a bunch more trees and re route my driveway this is the biggest I could fit in this spot. I have plans to put a much bigger pole barn in the back in a year or two. I already have 3 other Out buildings on my property all in perfect shape ( 2 are new ) other is from the 1970's but looks like it was built recently. ( Two of the buildings are Rough Cut Board and Batton siding so they will match my Shop and my Pole Barn).

I would like to get the garage doors like that but everything I have seen has been very pricey, Do you guys have any links to places to buy them from? Opening is 16 Ft by 9.5 Ft High.