Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #31  
I would like to get the garage doors like that but everything I have seen has been very pricey, Do you guys have any links to places to buy them from? Opening is 16 Ft by 9.5 Ft High.

I don't think you can do much better than the prices from Lowes, Menards, etc. for new doors. Check with them on prices and see when they are going on sale. You can check Craigs List for bargains. I bought a new insulated 9 wide by 8 high for $150 on CL. The problem comes in doors over 8 feet tall as they are not standard residential doors.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #33  
For an overhead door get a comercial insulated door with no profile design, in brown, paint a black line 1/4" wide down the center, so it looks like 2 doors.

Then purchace a carage house door trim kit $98 on E-Bay, comes with hinges and door handles. You could also paint thin lines 1/8 wide to look like gaps, from wood planks. Or use automotive pinstripe tape. Or have a custum vinal wrap made for the entire door. Just a few options.

Doors would be cheaper if the opening was an even height, 10' or 9', may be to late to change?

Dave

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
I will prob now go with a Cariage house Door, I have gotten two quotes from local people for around 2,500 which is better then the $4,500 Lowes and Home Depot wanted.

PA210001.jpg

PA182305.jpg

PA220005.jpg

PA260015.jpg

PA260013.jpg

PA260014.jpg

PA260017.jpg

PA260019.jpg

PA260018.jpg

PA260020.jpg

PA260022.jpg

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #36  
I've got shop envy!!! No windows in the loft???

Yes there will be two in the rear, and there will be two in the front with a Hay mound door. There not framed in yet.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #38  
I like the room in trusses, I see the end trusses are spliced on the bottom joist, but are the center also? From the pic, it apears that they all have truss plates in the same location. It seems like that would weaken the floor? Or do you sister another joist next to it?

Dave

Thats the way the company wanted them laid out in the instruction/spec sheet that came with them. They do get some extra bracing.

So my Garage is 28 X 28 , I have Radiant heat in the floor for the first floor with 10 Ft Ceilings, On the second floor I have a 16 x 28 Room with 8 Ft ceilings, I was thinking about heating the second floor with Electric Baseboard,
I was wondering if you guys think this is a good idea, if so how many Base boards should I get and what size?
Also what kind of wire do I need to hook them all up to one thermostat?
Should I get a wall mounted one or one that is mounted right to the unit.
I only plan to keep the garage at about 50 Deg, but would like to be able to bring it to 70 If need be. I don't need it to raise fast. Thanks