Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
For some reason some of the Pic's are no longer in the post so Ill re post some, At the end there will be new pic's.

PA132246.jpg

PA132247.jpg

PA152265.jpg

PA132231.jpg

PA172283.jpg

PB070083.jpg

PB070084.jpg

PB070093.jpg

PB070086.jpg

PB070087.jpg

PB070091.jpg

PB110094.jpg

PB110096.jpg

PB110098.jpg

PB110099.jpg

PB110101.jpg

PB110100.jpg

PB110103.jpg

I got the 3/4 Tongue and Groove floor on the upstairs done today, Still need to do the sofits and the wood trim on the outside and get the gable trim and the ridge cap on to finish the roof off. It's coming together.

White wood or Concrete? I am confused by your post.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #55  
Joe I believe he is asking if your sill plates on top of the concrete walls are pressure treated or regular spruce, at least here, framing lumber (white wood).

MarkV

Oh got ya, No it is PT on top of the concrete, That is the only Lumber for the framing that I sourced out.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #57  
Did you ever get your electric in place? I too ran 100A service to my shop using 2/0-Aluminum URD wire with a #1 ground. Its rated for direct burial but i ran it in conduit anyways. I got 300' for $360 in 2011. It wired up directly to my both breaker boxes. It is the "URD - underground residential development" cable the power companies use for running power to neighborhood subdivisions.

Yes I am running #2 URD from shop to house and then into a j box and switching to SER to run in house to the box.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #59  
Joe, electric is not my profession nor do I claim to know it all. That being said I just wanted to pass along something told to me from our local electric supply co. They have been in business more than 40 yrs and that's all they sell is electric supply. I had a small project running underground electric to an out building (10-3 with a ground rated for underground). I mentioned to the guy about running it in conduit; he said absolutely not, as that it being rated for underground is made a specific way that allows heat to dissipate. Running it in conduit could allow it to over heat and melt.
My 2 cents and may the wiser heads comment
BTW, the shop is looking great.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #60  
You may have already decided about your electric outlets in the shop but I have a suggestion based on my experience.
I ran #14 wire to the outlets and put in a single duplex outlet in each place.

I suggest that you use #12 wire and put quad outlets at each location. I wish I had. You could even have one duplex of the quad on one circuit and the other duplex on another circuit if you use heavy draw tools while another is running.

Clem