Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #61  
Yes I am running #2 URD from shop to house and then into a j box and switching to SER to run in house to the box.

Don't forget that you have to run a total of 4 wires (equipment ground). The subpanel in your new shop also has to have the neutral and equipment ground on seperate buses and not electrically tied together.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #62  
I had a small project running underground electric to an out building (10-3 with a ground rated for underground). I mentioned to the guy about running it in conduit; he said absolutely not, as that it being rated for underground is made a specific way that allows heat to dissipate. Running it in conduit could allow it to over heat and melt.

Yes, they gave you correct information but URD (or UD) and UF which you ran are different animals. It's not normally advised to run jacketed cable in conduit but you can as long as the ampacity is derated. I think even URD has a slight derating in conduit but it's a good way to install for trouble free or rocky soil.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's
Birddog what you said seems to make sense, But a lot of what I have read and have been told that it is better to run it in conduit, I did way oversize my Conduit for easy of pull and to help with any heat issues.

Workstead, I am running 12-2 Romex and 20 Amp outlets, I am putting in way more outlets then I think Ill need just to be sure, I am sticking some out side also, along with some in the ceiling and in the floor upstairs. I am running a few quads up front.

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #64  
Looks great.... thanks for posting progress pics along the way...:)

Here are some Updated pic's, It's coming along, and also some shots of the view.

PB250121.jpg

PB250122.jpg

PB250131.jpg

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/JoeyGags/Garage%202012/PB250117.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/JoeyGags/Garage%202012/PB270152.jpg

PB250107.jpg

PB250108.jpg

PB250111.jpg

PB250113.jpg

PB270145.jpg

PB250135.jpg

PB250138.jpg

PB250126.jpg

PB250128.jpg

PB250129.jpg

PB250117.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #67  
Nice project. Thank for the pictures. I notice the ground/dirt is in contact with the wood siding by the side door and the back of the garage. I think that will lead to root in the wood siding in those areas. It could just be the angles in the photos. Any feedback from others?

Good Eye, Yes the Crusher run is touching the siding on the right front corner for about a foot, I just need to dig it out a touch, In the rear it looks like the dirt is touching but there is about 3 to inches of space, I plan to dig a touch more out, figured I would wait till everything is done and I can touch up the ground all around the building.

Got the windows in, door upstairs framed out and saddle in, I also added a Brace at the peak to reinforce it for the Antique Block and Tackle BARN PULLEY system that I got that still is in working shape.

Sofits are also in on the front and I started to put the outlet boxes in.

PC050241.jpg

PC050243.jpg

PC060248.jpg

PC060249.jpg

PC060250.jpg

PC050244.jpg

PC050246.jpg

PC050245.jpg

PC060253.jpg

PC060252.jpg

PC060251.jpg

/ Garage/Shop Projected started Here are some Pic's #70