My Post Frame shop build.....

/ My Post Frame shop build..... #1  

Kenfyoozed

Silver Member
Tractor
1974 MF135
First off i would like to thank everyone for all their help with many questions i have. I have started breaking ground on my shop. Spent 19hrs leveling the site and surrounding areas to keep water from washing into shop once built......

Heres the link, I update each day i do work.....

http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/kenfyoozed/Shop Construction/

Thanks again...im sure ill have ore questions...

/ My Post Frame shop build.....
Yep, didnt take long to have a question......

About the slab.....

Do i HAVE to bring in red dirt? I have scraped the ground on one side, and the surrounding areas, down 1.5'. the entire building site had been scrapped down. My thouvht was to just dig down deeper for the footers. I called the inspection office and asked and got the run around. I asked it there was a code that i needed it. I was told no but if i didnt then my slab would cost more. Not sure about that but checking plans to figure out. Any help woulc be greatly appreciated.

/ My Post Frame shop build..... #3  
More info needed, the sight looks fairly level, what size building?
Woodpost in ground or anchored to slab?
Slab with Footings?
Heated building, or heated floors?
Frost depth/footing depth?
How thick of concrete, how thick is base and type?

Nice looking building sight, I see you have some helpers.

Dave

/ My Post Frame shop build.....
Shop is in South Alabama, and i think i have found my answer. My plans show a minimum height of 5.5" from grade height, with a 4" slab. Which that would bean we need at least 1.5" of compacted fill. So i guess i answered my own question.

As to my helpers which ones? The dogs or the kids? I had my son bringing me a bottle of water each hour on the hour to keep me hydrated. He did a good job as well.

My shop is 30x40 with a 10' lean-to off the back which brings the footprint to 40x40. 18' eaves. non-heated, 3500psi concrete with fiber and wire mesh, and rebar around the edges in the footings.

Thanks Again.