Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader #1  

klimty

Tractor
simplicity legacy xl
After a month in the garage, and numerous interuptions, it's finally done. Custom built from plans in my head and a height restriction of 75". Material cost $500., all from Menards except aux. lighting and switches. Loader is stock Simplicity with plans in the works to install removable wings to lenghten width of bucket ( from 48" to 72") for snow removal. Rear tires are fluid loaded and I built a suitcase weight bracket with suitcase weights to add over 200lbs at the rear vs.the big ballast box that comes with the loader. Plexi for the windows for now...maybe an upgrade in the future. Frame 1" square tube, skin is 1/4 luan primed and painted with oil base paint. Frame painted in primer than topcoated with Rustoleum Chevy engine orange. This cab comes off in 5 pieces. Fabbed to use 6 existing bolt mounting holes in tractor. Doors are quick pinned. top comes off, front panel and rear panel. tractor 003.jpgtractor 004.jpgtractor 005.jpg

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader #3  
Very nice job!

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader #4  
Good job.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader #6  
That is great!

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader #7  
It looks toasty warm ... don't even know if he installed a heater. It will be a great asset for those cold Wisconsin winters. Chevrolet orange, love the color.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader #8  
That looks pretty nice. I made a cab for my old lawn tractor with a homemade plow and im working on a snowblower right now. Does the cab move around a lot or is it pretty solid?

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader
No heater but maybe someday....I think, if I warmed it up, the windows would fog up which does not happen now. A couple of air leaks here and there but it's a great wind breaker and really is pretty comfortable in there.

/ Simplicity Legacy XL Hard Cab with Loader
I have now added a wiper to the front window to clear rain,sleet, snow when needed. Picked up on ebay for $45. complete, with self park feature. A very nice compact unit used for streetrods. I am very happy with the cab so far, and the loader, even without 4WD handles the snow no problem. I'll have to post some more pics with latest additions,