Other uses for site dumpers

/ Other uses for site dumpers #1  

Rgillard

Silver Member
Tractor
Fiat 82-94
Hello all,

I just bought a 3 tonne site dumper for building my house next year...rather than have it sitting idle I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for other uses...my father in law is a dairy farmer so I could probably modify it to suit one of his needs...I see some people converting them to forklifts and one setup which converts it to a cubicle spreader for cows...just wondering if anyone had any other ideas...I do a lot of timber cutting also....

Thanks
Ronan

/ Other uses for site dumpers #3  
If you have hydraulics on the dumper, then what about fitting a back actor in place of the bin? Thwaites used to make a dumper fitted out like this - do a Google for Thwaites Tusker.
You can pick up Mcconnel back actor diggers for a couple of hundred quid & I reckon it would be much handier on the front of a dumper (esp. 4WD) than on the back of a tractor.
All you'd have to do is sort out some three point style fixings on the chassis under the bin & insert some quick disconnects into the dumper hydraulics.

/ Other uses for site dumpers #4  
They're incredibly useful with a forktruck mast, as you can store your materials on pallets and easily move materials to point of use, also useful for unloading lorries. The original skip can be modified to use with forks.

Mine is a 2x4 with the mast on the back, then when using the forktruck, I hook a big lump of concrete on to the skip to ensure I still have traction. I would now hate to be without it.

/ Other uses for site dumpers #5  
It never ceases to amaze me;some of the clever stuff you have in Europe.