Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Default Re: Trash & Treasures + What is it's

No one going to guess on these guys??
    -hanes-jpg

Found a about a dozen insulators. Pictured are a couple of them. At one time I had about 90 to 100 of them. Some still on the wooden pegs. Got an offer I could not refuse & sold them.
    -insulaters-jpg

Here are some of granddad's horse shoe tools. At one time he had a box for them that he could sit on.
    -horse-shoe-tools-jpg

In this picture are some old drill bits. On the right are 2 things I have not figured out yet. The tong looking item was in with the horse shoe tools??? The round pads have a slight cup on both sides. They were made by "Diamond" as were many horse shoeing tools, shoes & nails.
    I know that the sort of U shaped thing is, do you??
    Small pick & hatchet looking thing does have a name that I have forgotten. It was also in the horse shoeing tools, but I never saw one used for shoeing a horse.
    -drills-n-steps-jpg
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Davinator View Post
    J.J.,

Some people call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade. ( Name that movie)
    Easy Karl... "biscuits and mustard will do for me"
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    -hanes-jpg

Found a about a dozen insulators. Pictured are a couple of them. At one time I had about 90 to 100 of them. Some still on the wooden pegs. Got an offer I could not refuse & sold them.
    -insulaters-jpg

Here are some of granddad's horse shoe tools. At one time he had a box for them that he could sit on.
    -horse-shoe-tools-jpg

In this picture are some old drill bits. On the right are 2 things I have not figured out yet. The tong looking item was in with the horse shoe tools??? The round pads have a slight cup on both sides. They were made by "Diamond" as were many horse shoeing tools, shoes & nails.
    I know that the sort of U shaped thing is, do you??
    Small pick & hatchet looking thing does have a name that I have forgotten. It was also in the horse shoeing tools, but I never saw one used for shoeing a horse.
    -drills-n-steps-jpg
    I believe that is one side of a Horse or Mule Hames at the bottom of your first picture....?
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    I believe that is one side of a Horse or Mule Hames at the bottom of your first picture....?
    You did good. You win almost nothing of value. Bottom is 1/2 of a hanes set. top of picture is a metal set of hanes. They are different than most, not sure why. Hope to find some more & maybe good ones. At one time Grandad has harness for a 6 horse team, + a buggy or 2 as well.

Now if some could come up with the name of the hatchet / pick thing. Fire men carry something almost like it, but I think larger. The one shown appears to be hand forged.

The metal "U" shaped steel is a wagon step. and the tongs?????

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by crash325
    i dont know the name, but its used for un-shoeing a hoof. the ax end is used to get under the clenched point of the nail and straighten it out. the pick end is used to drive a broken off nail in a little further 'till you can get at the other end with pincers.
    Dan H.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Dan View Post
    i dont know the name, but its used for un-shoeing a hoof. the ax end is used to get under the clenched point of the nail and straighten it out. the pick end is used to drive a broken off nail in a little further 'till you can get at the other end with pincers.
    Thanks DAN, sounds logical to me. Just never saw one used. Must have a name, someone must know it. We used the tongs with 2 hands to go under the shoe & get it loose. Clinched nails had been filed off and usually came out fairly easy.

I did very little shoeing, but Grandad & dad did lots of it. me mostly a helper or gopher.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

A fun story on how to shoe a Mule.

A mule has a 1 track mind. First you cut off a Juniper stob, leave it rough. When you get ready to shoe the mule, lift his tail and firmly shove it up his a****. While the mule is worried about how to get it out. Go ahead & shoe him.

Told to me by one of the Stacey brothers when we were hunting at their place. It is north of Clifton AZ up the Hwy ( in those days - a dirt road with gravel on it.) then turn east, through the Slaughter ranch (Son of Texas John Slaughter), past the Freddie Fritz ranch, across Blue River and about 5 miles. The ranch I think ran all the way into New Mexico, at least to the border.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    09' Kubota b3200HST

The hand forged item with the point on one end and a blade on the other is a clinch cutter. The sharp end is a pritchel. The blade end is a clinch cutter for cutting bent horseshoe nails "the clinch". The pritchel is used for pushing broken nails out of the hoof. Some pritchels have been used for making the holes in hot shoe applications.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Time to post a little new "Old" stuff.

First is a drill & petal. Drill has strange tang on it. Square - not tapered - round with groves. Never seen one like that before.
    Petal, "Model "T" ? or some tractor?? Any ideas??
    -drill-n-petal-jpg

Next is a fancy painted wagon wheel hub. Beside it is some sort of a guide, maybe for cable or ???? I have no idea.
    -hub-jpg

Some electric motors - 1 Is off a matag washing machine. ( Maybe my mom's we use to change back & forth between it & a gas engine.
    A geared motor, it's old but still new or un-used, Other is some kind of old motor. For ????
    -wash-motor-jpg - -dayton-1-jpg - -dayton-2-jpg - -ge-1-jpg

More later.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4300

Pedal appears to be a buggy step used to get in and out.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast