Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Default Re: Trash & Treasures + What is it's

Quote Originally Posted by TCJatko View Post
    Pedal appears to be a buggy step used to get in and out.
    Sorry, but it does not even resemble a wagon step. Way to weak to hold anyone. I think an early Ford gas pedal, but????
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Ken
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    Time to post a little new "Old" stuff.

First is a drill & petal. Drill has strange tang on it. Square - not tapered - round with groves. Never seen one like that before.
    Petal, "Model "T" ? or some tractor?? Any ideas??
    Attachment 296418
    Jim the gear motor looks just like the commerical bread dough mixer that I have with a motor that gets to warm to use. Now want me to load in truck so when visit this Spring you will have a large mixer.
    ken
    Next is a fancy painted wagon wheel hub. Beside it is some sort of a guide, maybe for cable or ???? I have no idea.
    Attachment 296420

Some electric motors - 1 Is off a matag washing machine. ( Maybe my mom's we use to change back & forth between it & a gas engine.
    A geared motor, it's old but still new or un-used, Other is some kind of old motor. For ????
    Attachment 296430 - Attachment 296431 - Attachment 296432 - Attachment 296433

More later.
    Hmmm get a note the message is to short to send.

Tractor
    2003 New Holland TC30

The tongs look like shoeing tongs- use them for holding the shoe as you heated it and shaped it on the anvil. Both jaws are cupped in a small circle that allows a good grip on the shoe. They'd be set to grip a certain size shoe - so the jaws are just about parallel to each other when gripping. Nice tongs- not clunky.

Diamond is still in business- shoeing stuff. They make a good rasp.
    2003 NH TC30, International Agritech 5' Bushhog, Carryall, Camo brush trailer, Gravel gravity dump trailer, International single plow, International disc harrow, Bucket mount Snowbear snowplow, hiller/bedder, Craftsman ZTL 7000, CCRT4, My favorite 20oz hammer I left on the woodpile a month ago.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TN70D, NH L190

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    I would say this is the proper name for this. Chain Wrenches - RIDGID Professional Tools
    The name for the chain wrench in this part of West Texas is "Chain Tongs" or just "Tongs". I bought two of them a few years ago to turn 22" diameter pipe. It takes two guys to handle them. Chain Tongs - RIDGID Professional Tools. They are used extensively in the oil fields.

Tim

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

How about some guesses on post 119.

Here are a few more pictures.

Carbide lamps Old ones dug out a mine cave in. New ones made in Hong Kong. We had some different ones when I was young & actually used them now & then.
    Trash & Treasures + What is it's-carbide-1.jpg - Trash & Treasures + What is it's-carbide-2.jpg

Small kerosene lantern was made by "Sun Corp". Am sure most of you know the other is a "Colman" lantern."

Trash & Treasures + What is it's-lanps-.jpg

A bunch of "Dutch Ovens", most are camp or outdoor type, 1 indoor and 1 round bottom type. Anyone know about the round bottom type, first one I have ever seen. Lids are all mismatched few fit any of the bottoms. Some pretty much junk.
    Size ranges from 10 to 16 inches. The 14" lid does not fit either of the 14" bottoms.

Trash & Treasures + What is it's-d-ovens-1.jpg - Trash & Treasures + What is it's-lids-1.jpg

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    L3240GST, B2320HST, B5100D & G5200H

That pedal in #119 makes me think "motorcycle".
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Tractor
    2003 New Holland TC30

I was at Kings Landing in New Brunswick, Canada and they were baking an apple pie in a dutch oven at the side of the kitchen hearth. The lids with the turned up sides were to hold the hot wood coals. The pot sat in a bed of coals, pie inside, and more coals were added to the top of the lid and the pie baked. The pie looked very tasty when done. We visited there before 911, now I need a passport to go back!
    Thanksgiving at Kings Landing, Prince William; Lui Greco - YouTube
    about minute 3:17 - very brief.
    2003 NH TC30, International Agritech 5' Bushhog, Carryall, Camo brush trailer, Gravel gravity dump trailer, International single plow, International disc harrow, Bucket mount Snowbear snowplow, hiller/bedder, Craftsman ZTL 7000, CCRT4, My favorite 20oz hammer I left on the woodpile a month ago.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Grand View Post
    That pedal in #119 makes me think "motorcycle".
    Don't think so. Am fairly sure its from an old 20's or 30's Ford. But????/

TC.
    The Outdoor or Camp ovens have legs on them. We use to have a few, sure make great biscuits. In addition to the lid with a rim.

Now about the Round Bottom guy in the lower right of the picture?????

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

While they are not all that uncommon, I'll bet not many of you have one of these hanging around in your shop.

Trash & Treasures + What is it's-saw.jpg

Pedal is a spoon style gas pedal used on 30's - 40's Fords and others. Brand new ones still available check ebay.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast