Trash & Treasures + What is it's

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #141  
The puller looks like a puller for early Ford rear hubs A's to '48?? and I think some early Chrysler products also. The center of the hub stuck out a about an inch and had a groove in it. You took off the hub nut, slipped the puller onto the groove and tightened the bolt to pop off the hub. They made them in many forms, I have one in the garage that looks like yours except with 2 legs.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's
The puller looks like a puller for early Ford rear hubs A's to '48?? and I think some early Chrysler products also. The center of the hub stuck out a about an inch and had a groove in it. You took off the hub nut, slipped the puller onto the groove and tightened the bolt to pop off the hub. They made them in many forms, I have one in the garage that looks like yours except with 2 legs.

Good chance you are right. It is specialized for 1 job. May be a little small for an axle????

I think the piston / rod looking thing is some kind of valve. It's not a piston for an engine, but????

Thing on the lower right is some kind of a key or adjustment tool. The key end is flat on 1 side & curved on the other.

Square object has little pegs under the clamp & other side. Angled side has small teeth.

Adjustable angle, used for setting a saw?? But has no marking on it and fairly limited as to the angle, maybe 30 degrees.

I don't even have a good guess on the toothed bar at the top of picture.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #143  
Good chance you are right. It is specialized for 1 job. May be a little small for an axle????

They also made a similar smaller tool for pulling pittman arms. My wheel hub puller is about 3-4 inches tall not including bolt and the opening that goes on the hub overt an inch.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #144  
Now don't know what to think. The bucketful of tools- they look dusty. Seems like someone has been spending too much tine on the lazy boy recliner! I'd expect those tools to be shiny from use!
I love the old wrenches with the curve handles. Hame tops are great for canes- have 3 I made.
Manure spreaders and machinery where the turning wheel provides the power use chain like that. Fits over the cogs on a geared drive gear.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #145  
A little more fun stuff.
Link Chain is fairly light weight, about 15 / 20 feet long. Does not look like it was ever used.
View attachment 296750

Common type chain used on a lot of ag equip back when. Easily "broken", turn on side, adjust one link to about a 90 angle and drive it out of its mate. Reverse process to put in a new link that has busted. Last time I fixed one of those was 1954 on an old pull combine.

Harry K

A little more fun stuff.
Link Chain is fairly light weight, about 15 / 20 feet long. Does not look like it was ever used.
View attachment 296750

Common type chain used on a lot of ag equip back when. Easily "broken", turn on side, adjust one link to about a 90 angle and drive it out of its mate. Reverse process to put in a new link that has busted. Last time I fixed one of those was 1954 on an old pull combine.

Harry K

Hi Harry, your right about the chain. I have an old Manure spreader that is pretty much intact. This chain is so light I can't think of a use for it. Had to be something that turned real easy. Only use I have thought of so far is to make some "Biker" belts out of it. :laughing: May take a picture of it laying on one of the spreader chains.

TC. Had not thought about using the hane top on a cane. Me being only 73, don't need a cane "Yet". :cool2:
"Shiny from use", it would take a dozen people working full time to keep some of these old "Treasures' clean & shinny.
There is a wooden handled screw driver in the pile. Those were one of the best screw drivers ever made. Use to have several.

Here is a couple of lamps that I don't think I've posted yet.
Red on on the left is a small size made by "Sun Corp." USA I think. Am sure you all have seen or used a "Coleman" lamp before. Naturally it has broken mantels. When I was a kid I thought the Coleman was the best light ever made.

lanps-.jpg

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #147  
Hi Ken,
Good to see you around.
Link chain is really light weight. Only 1 I've ever seen that light. Yep the ball object is off the top of a Hane. Most were brass or chrome plated, maybe this one was many years ago.
Good chance you are right on the drill, it's fore sure a specialty drill.
I think the old trailer hitch is really neat. May someday put it on an old trailer.

Pretty well done in the black smith shop. Several more old pipe tools & cutters. Other odds & ends. Done a little in the wood shop, lot more to go. One building I haven't even opened the door yet. Still have the harness shed to go through, some junk in the wheel shop & more in the wagon shed.

Leejohn - Sorry but its some kind of puller or even closer to a pin remover of some type. I've put on 100's of hot patches, am sure its not for that.

More later
Jim

Jim back on post #122 answered your question about geared motor. but the thread become cobbled and wasn't displayed.
I have very simular motor used on commerical bread mixer only motor is shorted out. Planning on that "trip west" can load it up in pick-up bed and you can display or make tortitias for the tourists in your
Black Smith shop next to the grave yard showing head boards from the O'K corral. Guess the grand son of Gerromino still has his shop there. Fifty years make changes. ?
Also need another horse collar, hames and assorted parts of harness of a team?
Think was used to haul ties for the rail road North West Ark &Mo. that shut down in 1949.

The chain you show I might have some gears also the the chain ran on with worn chain in a old coffee can.

Still planning on a trip about June just a years delay.
ken

Jim back on post #122 answered your question about geared motor. but the thread become cobbled and wasn't displayed.
I have very simular motor used on commerical bread mixer only motor is shorted out. Planning on that "trip west" can load it up in pick-up bed and you can display or make tortitias for the tourists in your
Black Smith shop next to the grave yard showing head boards from the O'K corral. Guess the grand son of Gerromino still has his shop there. Fifty years make changes. ?
Also need another horse collar, hames and assorted parts of harness of a team?
Think was used to haul ties for the rail road North West Ark &Mo. that shut down in 1949.

The chain you show I might have some gears also the the chain ran on with worn chain in a old coffee can.

Still planning on a trip about June just a years delay.
ken

Hi Ken,
Speaking of Boot Hill Grave yard. Grandad & I attended the last funeral there. An old man named Nunnley (Spelling?) had a shack there and was cleaning up the grave yard and making new markers. One morning Grandad found him dead.

Funeral was a little delayed. Hurse blew 2 tires just outside of town & wound up down in a ditch. They had to send another one out of Bisbee and it took a while.

Were I younger I might take you up on that Cafe thing. In San Marcos CA I use to eat in one that lots of similar stuff. I always though some of it came from Grandads. Mom sold a lot to someone from CA.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #149  
Hi Ken,
Speaking of Boot Hill Grave yard. Grandad & I attended the last funeral there. An old man named Nunnley (Spelling?) had a shack there and was cleaning up the grave yard and making new markers. One morning Grandad found him dead.

Funeral was a little delayed. Hurse blew 2 tires just outside of town & wound up down in a ditch. They had to send another one out of Bisbee and it took a while.

Were I younger I might take you up on that Cafe thing. In San Marcos CA I use to eat in one that lots of similar stuff. I always though some of it came from Grandads. Mom sold a lot to someone from CA.

Jim contact Cracker Barrow Resturants they hang thing like yours on the ceiling. You might be rich.
ken

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #150  
A bit of correction. I read the whole thread and if it was mentioned I didn't see it.

The sort of "S" shaped harness part is a a "Hame" not "Hane"...or at least google doesn't recognize 'hane". They went over the horse collar and all the pulling gear was attached to them.

I was sure I had that right but checked google to make sure. 60 year old memories tend to be a bit...shall we say "fuzzy"? :)

Harry K