Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Re: Trash & Treasures + What is it's

Back several pages there was a gyroscope looking thingy, quite large with a pot hangin from the top loop, a bit off centered. What was that? I can't even come up with a guess.

Harry K

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by turnkey4099 View Post
    Back several pages there was a gyroscope looking thingy, quite large with a pot hangin from the top loop, a bit off centered. What was that? I can't even come up with a guess.

Harry K
    I took the picture, it is outside a little cafe in Benson. Looked at several times.
    Its some wagon wheel tires, a cook pot & some kind of flat belt pulley.
    As near as I can tell - it has no use.

Even harder to figure out is this thing. I think it was home made out of bunch of odd ball parts. Not all gears do anything, they are just there. Flat belt pulley does turn and may have been used?? On the back is a guide pulley. It does not drive its self. Has a short tongue, that looks like it should go on a 3 point or tractor draw bar.

-what-1-jpg - -what-2-jpg - -what-3-jpg - -what-4-jpg
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

New England Yankee living in Central Maine
    Tractor
    NH TC30

Is that 4 wheeled item a belt driven water pump- minus the inlet suction hose?!
    2003 NH TC30, 5' International Agritech Bushog, Hiller/Bedder, + miscellaneous and sundry items of use.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

tcreeley if the intake is on the bottom end in pic 3 you could be right. I also tried to see if it might be the steam driven and thats the piston. If so it could drive a lot of things and it has a clutch, or shifter to put in and out of gear.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Here is a wheel & tire. Tire size is 525/550 X 17, kind of an odd size.
    Wonder what it fits?? Don't think its off a Ford, the lug bolt holes are too far inside. On old Fords the bolt holes were out so far the lug wrench had to be used at a slight angle.

-tire-1-jpg,-tire-2-jpg

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    1959 MF 35 deluxe, gas

I'd say 34-35 Chevrolet. The bolt pattern should be 5 on 4-1/4"

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by cockeyedMFer View Post
    I'd say 34-35 Chevrolet. The bolt pattern should be 5 on 4-1/4"
    Good chance you are correct. I don't remember what the chevy rims looked like. Will measure the holes in a day or 2.
    Thanks

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 DT,John Deere GT 235,JD GENERATOR AC-G8010S-E

Just bumping thread back up. These items no big deal. Wrench is a 15/16--7/8 made by Armstrong (USA).Wrench I believe over 50 years old belonged to my DAD. Rope tree hook is made by A.B.Chance model1849 500weight Hand water pump not that old bought it cause it did not say made in China on it. Can't remember where I got it !

Boone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001-jpg   -004-jpg  
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by bullbreaker View Post
    Just bumping thread back up. These items no big deal. Wrench is a 15/16--7/8 made by Armstrong (USA).Wrench I believe over 50 years old belonged to my DAD. Rope tree hook is made by A.B.Chance model1849 500weight Hand water pump not that old bought it cause it did not say made in China on it. Can't remember where I got it !

Boone
    When I was 9 or 10 we went to a ranch my uncle was running up in the mountains above Glob AZ. They had a pump like that on the kitchen sink. I was plumb amazes at the "indoor" plumbing. Kept a 1 Lb coffee can there to prime the pump.

Well about 30 feet deep about 10 feet from the kitchen door. The bottom was covered with scorpions - they let me down in the bucket to pick up the scorpions. I though it was great fun, even though the water was ice cold,

Tractor
    Kubota B2150, IH TD6

Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    I took the picture, it is outside a little cafe in Benson. Looked at several times.
    Its some wagon wheel tires, a cook pot & some kind of flat belt pulley.
    As near as I can tell - it has no use.

Even harder to figure out is this thing. I think it was home made out of bunch of odd ball parts. Not all gears do anything, they are just there. Flat belt pulley does turn and may have been used?? On the back is a guide pulley. It does not drive its self. Has a short tongue, that looks like it should go on a 3 point or tractor draw bar.

-what-1-jpg
    I believe thats a Spud drill. looks as though the wooden derrick is long gone. the capstan winch would be used to raise and then drop a heavy bit. the pump on the other end was for pumping mud into the hole.
    -01-jpg

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast