Trash & Treasures + What is it's

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #151  
Back several pages there was a gyroscope looking thingy, quite large with a pot hangin from the top loop, a bit off centered. What was that? I can't even come up with a guess.

Harry K

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's
Back several pages there was a gyroscope looking thingy, quite large with a pot hangin from the top loop, a bit off centered. What was that? I can't even come up with a guess.

Harry K

I took the picture, it is outside a little cafe in Benson. Looked at several times.
Its some wagon wheel tires, a cook pot & some kind of flat belt pulley.
As near as I can tell - it has no use.

Even harder to figure out is this thing. I think it was home made out of bunch of odd ball parts. Not all gears do anything, they are just there. Flat belt pulley does turn and may have been used?? On the back is a guide pulley. It does not drive its self. Has a short tongue, that looks like it should go on a 3 point or tractor draw bar.

what 1.jpg - what 2.jpg - what 3.jpg - what 4.jpg

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #153  
Is that 4 wheeled item a belt driven water pump- minus the inlet suction hose?!

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #154  
tcreeley if the intake is on the bottom end in pic 3 you could be right. I also tried to see if it might be the steam driven and thats the piston. If so it could drive a lot of things and it has a clutch, or shifter to put in and out of gear.

Here is a wheel & tire. Tire size is 525/550 X 17, kind of an odd size.
Wonder what it fits?? Don't think its off a Ford, the lug bolt holes are too far inside. On old Fords the bolt holes were out so far the lug wrench had to be used at a slight angle.

tire 1.jpg,tire 2.jpg

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #156  
I'd say 34-35 Chevrolet. The bolt pattern should be 5 on 4-1/4"

I'd say 34-35 Chevrolet. The bolt pattern should be 5 on 4-1/4"

Good chance you are correct. I don't remember what the chevy rims looked like. Will measure the holes in a day or 2.
Thanks

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #158  
Just bumping thread back up. These items no big deal. Wrench is a 15/16--7/8 made by Armstrong (USA).Wrench I believe over 50 years old belonged to my DAD. Rope tree hook is made by A.B.Chance model1849 500weight Hand water pump not that old bought it cause it did not say made in China on it. Can't remember where I got it ! :mur:

Boone

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 101
Just bumping thread back up. These items no big deal. Wrench is a 15/16--7/8 made by Armstrong (USA).Wrench I believe over 50 years old belonged to my DAD. Rope tree hook is made by A.B.Chance model1849 500weight Hand water pump not that old bought it cause it did not say made in China on it. Can't remember where I got it ! :mur:

Boone

When I was 9 or 10 we went to a ranch my uncle was running up in the mountains above Glob AZ. They had a pump like that on the kitchen sink. I was plumb amazes at the "indoor" plumbing. Kept a 1 Lb coffee can there to prime the pump.

Well about 30 feet deep about 10 feet from the kitchen door. The bottom was covered with scorpions - they let me down in the bucket to pick up the scorpions. I though it was great fun, even though the water was ice cold,

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #160  
I took the picture, it is outside a little cafe in Benson. Looked at several times.
Its some wagon wheel tires, a cook pot & some kind of flat belt pulley.
As near as I can tell - it has no use.

Even harder to figure out is this thing. I think it was home made out of bunch of odd ball parts. Not all gears do anything, they are just there. Flat belt pulley does turn and may have been used?? On the back is a guide pulley. It does not drive its self. Has a short tongue, that looks like it should go on a 3 point or tractor draw bar.

View attachment 297134

I believe thats a Spud drill. looks as though the wooden derrick is long gone. the capstan winch would be used to raise and then drop a heavy bit. the pump on the other end was for pumping mud into the hole.
01.jpg