Trash & Treasures + What is it's

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #161  
I believe thats a Spud drill. looks as though the wooden derrick is long gone. the capstan winch would be used to raise and then drop a heavy bit. the pump on the other end was for pumping mud into the hole.
View attachment 302379

:welcome: 2 TBN ! :thumbsup:

Boone

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #162  
hand pump.jpg
When I was 9 or 10 we went to a ranch my uncle was running up in the mountains above Glob AZ. They had a pump like that on the kitchen sink. I was plumb amazes at the "indoor" plumbing. Kept a 1 Lb coffee can there to prime the pump.,
I still have a pump like that in the barn, that was in my first house (converted chicken coop) when I got married in 1964. The next year we went modern and tapped in to the gravity feed well that supplied my parents house. Our bathroom was a bucket int the back room and heat was a pot belly stove in the living room/kitchen/bedroom. They were still some of the best days of my life.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #163  
When we came to Maine we were in a pop up camper until I got enough of the house built to move into, low budget. I found a 13 foot rock well under some apple trees and took the rocks out. I put in a pump like the one above I bought at Aubuchons. We used it all summer. When the frost came I had to keep a leather washer handy to use because the cold would shrink the leather and I couldn't get a prime no matter how I tried, of how much water I used. It was a blessing when I connected an electric pump in the house to the well- running water, that's luxury. Re plumbing, the septic went in in Dec. but it was not fully connected until Feb. - Plastic indoor toilet for the kids, outhouse for us. Those things that we come to take for granted, really add to one's quality of life!

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's
Here is a "I don't have a clue" object.
The name plate reads
INTERTYPE CORP.
Type G4 Volts 200 / 250
Amps 8.5 Ser 10243. Not clear in any of the pictures is an adjustable leg. On the other end are to rounded journals that look like they may have fit on a rotating shaft. Looks like it may have had a bolt on lid as well as a hinged lid. The box that the tag is on has 4 holes in the bottom. I guess for electric wire to pass through.

what 1.jpg - what 2.jpg - what 3.jpg - what 4.jpg

Here is a what is it that should be fun.
Yes its a hand truck or dolly. But they were made to be used at only 1 location and thousands of them were made an used.
This on is either from Benson or Tombstone AZ.

Do you know???

H  truck 1.jpg - H truck 2.jpg

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #166  
Mercury flasks? I mean is it a handtruck for moving 'em?

S

Last edited:
A sa-wing and a miss!

S

Hope your having fun. Try again. you have probably see it many times, if not in person, in the movies.
Here is a hint. It has something to do with things that run on tracks.