Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819
Results 181 to 184 of 184
  1. #181
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,600
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

    Default Re: Trash & Treasures + What is it's

    Here are a few more little items I picked up on my last trip. No great value, but fun. Old torch could be made to work, were it ever needed. Colman lamp is in pretty good condition as it the kerosene lamp. Old coal scuttle is real heavy. But it was used by someone that dropped it instead of setting it down. base is a wrinkled up. The porcelain coffee pot is in real good condition. If you have priced one recently it may be almost valuable.

    Trash & Treasures + What is it's-coal-bucket.jpg - Trash & Treasures + What is it's-lanps-.jpg - Trash & Treasures + What is it's-torch-n-pot-1.jpg - Trash & Treasures + What is it's-torch-n-pot-2.jpg
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

    New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

  2. #182
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,143
    Location
    SE Wa

    Default Re: Trash & Treasures + What is it's

    Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    Here are a few more little items I picked up on my last trip. No great value, but fun. Old torch could be made to work, were it ever needed. Colman lamp is in pretty good condition as it the kerosene lamp. Old coal scuttle is real heavy. But it was used by someone that dropped it instead of setting it down. base is a wrinkled up. The porcelain coffee pot is in real good condition. If you have priced one recently it may be almost valuable.
    Cleaning out my dad's shop plus a very old derelict house next door that I bought, I found about half ot those. I still have the coal scuttle with scoop, I think I have the blow torch, I used that once melting lead. Lots of old canning jars.

    Harry K

  3. #183
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,600
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

    Default Re: Trash & Treasures + What is it's

    Quote Originally Posted by turnkey4099 View Post
    Cleaning out my dad's shop plus a very old derelict house next door that I bought, I found about half ot those. I still have the coal scuttle with scoop, I think I have the blow torch, I used that once melting lead. Lots of old canning jars.

    Harry K
    Yep got an old scoop as well. It was used so much, someone brazed a piece of metal to the front edge.

    Here is a picture of a couple of forged horse shoe hangers & 2 used draft horse shoes. 1 Is really well used or over used. Top left is an old hand cranked grinder. Below it is some part of a horse drawn wagon & the split rod is 6' long. I think the rod was called a "trace", but??? At the bottom is a little of a hard edge that was mostly buried in the dirt.

    Trash & Treasures + What is it's-hangers.jpg
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

    New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

  4. #184
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,143
    Location
    SE Wa

    Default Re: Trash & Treasures + What is it's

    Quote Originally Posted by crash325 View Post
    Yep got an old scoop as well. It was used so much, someone brazed a piece of metal to the front edge.

    Here is a picture of a couple of forged horse shoe hangers & 2 used draft horse shoes. 1 Is really well used or over used. Top left is an old hand cranked grinder. Below it is some part of a horse drawn wagon & the split rod is 6' long. I think the rod was called a "trace", but??? At the bottom is a little of a hard edge that was mostly buried in the dirt.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hangers.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	304885
    "Trace" more commonly "traces" were the part of the harness that connected to the single tree. Can't figure what the 6' split end rod wouild be on a wagon except part of the brake assembly.

    Harry K

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Similar Threads

  1. Pump - Trash or Semi-Trash
    By Beltzington in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 03:44 AM
  2. Trash & Treasures
    By crash325 in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 05:37 PM
  3. Trash to Treasure
    By Hookblock in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 10:20 AM
  4. TPH trailer & trash can hauler
    By gclark94560 in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 11:02 PM
  5. Life's small treasures
    By 1bush2hog in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 09:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.