Trash & Treasures + What is it's

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's
Here are a few more little items I picked up on my last trip. No great value, but fun. Old torch could be made to work, were it ever needed. Colman lamp is in pretty good condition as it the kerosene lamp. Old coal scuttle is real heavy. But it was used by someone that dropped it instead of setting it down. base is a wrinkled up. The porcelain coffee pot is in real good condition. If you have priced one recently it may be almost valuable.

coal bucket.jpg - lanps-.jpg - torch n pot 1.jpg - torch n pot 2.jpg

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #182  
Here are a few more little items I picked up on my last trip. No great value, but fun. Old torch could be made to work, were it ever needed. Colman lamp is in pretty good condition as it the kerosene lamp. Old coal scuttle is real heavy. But it was used by someone that dropped it instead of setting it down. base is a wrinkled up. The porcelain coffee pot is in real good condition. If you have priced one recently it may be almost valuable.

Cleaning out my dad's shop plus a very old derelict house next door that I bought, I found about half ot those. I still have the coal scuttle with scoop, I think I have the blow torch, I used that once melting lead. Lots of old canning jars.

Harry K

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's
Cleaning out my dad's shop plus a very old derelict house next door that I bought, I found about half ot those. I still have the coal scuttle with scoop, I think I have the blow torch, I used that once melting lead. Lots of old canning jars.

Harry K

Yep got an old scoop as well. It was used so much, someone brazed a piece of metal to the front edge.

Here is a picture of a couple of forged horse shoe hangers & 2 used draft horse shoes. 1 Is really well used or over used. Top left is an old hand cranked grinder. Below it is some part of a horse drawn wagon & the split rod is 6' long. I think the rod was called a "trace", but??? At the bottom is a little of a hard edge that was mostly buried in the dirt.

hangers.jpg

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #184  
Yep got an old scoop as well. It was used so much, someone brazed a piece of metal to the front edge.

Here is a picture of a couple of forged horse shoe hangers & 2 used draft horse shoes. 1 Is really well used or over used. Top left is an old hand cranked grinder. Below it is some part of a horse drawn wagon & the split rod is 6' long. I think the rod was called a "trace", but??? At the bottom is a little of a hard edge that was mostly buried in the dirt.

View attachment 304885

"Trace" more commonly "traces" were the part of the harness that connected to the single tree. Can't figure what the 6' split end rod wouild be on a wagon except part of the brake assembly.

Harry K