Trash & Treasures + What is it's

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's
Going to start with a couple of tools that you love to hate.
scicle 1.jpgsplitter 1.jpgsplitter 2.jpg

Now a look at Old & new. The new log roller is a pain to use, way too heavy and handle too fat. It was here when I bought this place.
old n new.jpg

My Forge & a few tools used while forging. Also a hook being forged from a R/R spike. Re-bar is welded on just for a handle.
forg n tools.jpg

Now a few Planes that will be restored. Bailey #7, Stanley Rabbiting plane & No name draw plane. Very old Miter box, Brace (1/2 Of a Brace & bit.) Yankee Drill or screw driver. I do have a good Brace and Yankee Drill. Both come in handy every now & then.

draw plane 1.jpgdraw plane 2.jpgmiter box plus.jpgstanley 278-1.jpgstanley 278-2.jpgstanley 278-3.jpg balie no7.jpg

The little blue box looking thing was in almost every kitchen. What for????

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #62  
The little blue box looking thing was in almost every kitchen. What for????[/QUOTE]

Matches!!!! :)

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #63  
Your chain wrench is known as a chain tong, and are still made and used today.

Chain Tongs - RIDGID Professional Tools

edit: I see on closer inpection that someone else already posted the answer, sorry.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #64  
sparc said:
Your chain wrench is known as a chain tong, and are still made and used today.

Chain Tongs - RIDGID Professional Tools

edit: I see on closer inpection that someone else already posted the answer, sorry.

I was pointed out that there are two different tools. There is a chain wrench and chain tongs. Looks like they are both for the same purpose but built a little different. You are correct. The pictured one is chain tongs. Maybe some out there can tell us if there are different purposes for them.

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #65  
If you were anywhere else besides AZ those handles would be toast.
Up in humid NJ those handles would have rotted in anything less than climate controlled conditions.
Cool old tools,
Anvill is like brand new, nice clean edges.

Here is a picture of some of the hatchets that I have collected those marked & the 1 in the upper RT hand corner.

It also shows the small Adze that I have.

archeryantny
If you were anywhere else besides AZ those handles would be toast.
Up in humid NJ those handles would have rotted in anything less than climate controlled conditions.
Cool old tools,
Anvill is like brand new, nice clean edges.

AZ is hard on wood if left out in the sun, cooks it completely dry. If on the ground termites attack very quickly. Maybe better than NJ though.
Anvil is a little rough, a little clean up will be done. Grandad had a better 1, mom either sold it or gave it away.

axes marked.jpg

Another tool some of us learned to hate early in life.
Scythe_against_hedge.jpg

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #67  
Oh man, I sure hated using a briar scythe AND Kaiser blade too...:mad:

/ Trash & Treasures + What is it's #69  
Jim you almost have enough tools to open a Cracker Barrow resturant. Now just need a cook.
ken

Jim you almost have enough tools to open a Cracker Barrow resturant. Now just need a cook.
ken

I can cook, You just haven't seen my skillet yet. :D I'll post a picture tomorrow.
Told my sister it was perfect for cooking bacon. Self draining through the "Small" hole. Actually I went off & left the good one.

We use to use the scythe to cut "Johnson" grass beside the HWY. Had to fill a long bed 3/4 ton PU with side boards over cab high. "Johnson' grass is sort of like sugar cane, horses & mules loved it. It would get almost 6' tall and about 1/4" in diameter.