Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach

/ Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach #1  

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
First off let me state this boom is NOT for HEAVY lifting.
The whole object is long reach or high lift. Construction is pretty simple and quick. By adjusting the bucket to pole chain it can pivot left or right. It is held to the bucket by a 3/4" bolt, left slightly loose.

As shown by the ball I have a hole in the bucket bottom. If just scooping loose soil or sand, often the ball is just left in place. Real handy for moving trailers around. It has also been used for lifting and dumping my 18 footer, when loaded with sand or gravel.

boom pole 1.jpgboom pole 2.jpgboom pole 3.jpgboom pole 4.jpgboom pole 5.jpgbucket ball 1.jpgbucket ball 2.jpg

/ Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach #2  
Looks useful, but I would prefer a rigid top brace instead of a chain. If you had a load on it and did a high lift but went a little back past vertical, the only thing keeping it from falling on you is the inch or two of the pipe behind the bolt.

Bruce

/ Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach
Looks useful, but I would prefer a rigid top brace instead of a chain. If you had a load on it and did a high lift but went a little back past vertical, the only thing keeping it from falling on you is the inch or two of the pipe behind the bolt.

Bruce

Depending on how the chain is adjusted that is possible. Picture 5 is full back and it still has forward slant. The operator also should watch his load or not pretend to be an operator. Just me & my way of thinking.

Bruce you are most always on top of things. Nice :cool2:

/ Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach #4  
I try to look at things with Fail-safe in mind.

Bruce

/ Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach
I try to look at things with Fail-safe in mind.

Bruce

When working with a front end loader there is no fail safe. As a fully loaded bucket goes up it also needs to roll forward or near the top rocks, dirt or what ever is going to fall onto the tractor or operator.