Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Default Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach

First off let me state this boom is NOT for HEAVY lifting.
    The whole object is long reach or high lift. Construction is pretty simple and quick. By adjusting the bucket to pole chain it can pivot left or right. It is held to the bucket by a 3/4" bolt, left slightly loose.

As shown by the ball I have a hole in the bucket bottom. If just scooping loose soil or sand, often the ball is just left in place. Real handy for moving trailers around. It has also been used for lifting and dumping my 18 footer, when loaded with sand or gravel.

-boom-pole-1-jpg-boom-pole-2-jpg-boom-pole-3-jpg-boom-pole-4-jpg-boom-pole-5-jpg-bucket-ball-1-jpg-bucket-ball-2-jpg
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: Boom Pole - Simple - Long & high reach

Looks useful, but I would prefer a rigid top brace instead of a chain. If you had a load on it and did a high lift but went a little back past vertical, the only thing keeping it from falling on you is the inch or two of the pipe behind the bolt.

Bruce

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    Looks useful, but I would prefer a rigid top brace instead of a chain. If you had a load on it and did a high lift but went a little back past vertical, the only thing keeping it from falling on you is the inch or two of the pipe behind the bolt.

Bruce
    Depending on how the chain is adjusted that is possible. Picture 5 is full back and it still has forward slant. The operator also should watch his load or not pretend to be an operator. Just me & my way of thinking.

Bruce you are most always on top of things. Nice

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

I try to look at things with Fail-safe in mind.

Bruce

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    I try to look at things with Fail-safe in mind.

Bruce
    When working with a front end loader there is no fail safe. As a fully loaded bucket goes up it also needs to roll forward or near the top rocks, dirt or what ever is going to fall onto the tractor or operator.