Roll ur own land plane build

/ Roll ur own land plane build #1  

Leyenda30

Tractor
John Deere 4400 HST 4x4 sold John Deere 5055E 4x4 w.loader
Hi All,

New to TBN and have been reading with appreciation for the great knowledge shared here. I just recently purchased a JD 4400 HST with 430 loader and have been having a ball here in NE Florida. We are clearing overgrown land and want to level some areas. I found a cheap used box blade and figured I'd modify it rather than put out the bucks for a new landplane since used ones are rare. The end product can be used as land plane or unbolted to use as the original boxblade. It cost me a couple hundred in metal froma fab shop but could be built cheaper with a little scrounging. The adjustable link allows height adjustments and if raised all the way up, extra weight on the boxblade. The rear blade is 6"x 6"x i/2" angle and the rear tube is " schedule 40 pipe. IMG_3213.jpgIMG_3260.jpgIMG_3261.jpgIMG_3262.jpgIMG_3256.jpgIMG_3258.jpgIMG_3259.jpg

/ Roll ur own land plane build #2  
I like your thinking, and anytime I can make something "convertable" I'm into it. Looks real nice!
welcome to TBN

/ Roll ur own land plane build #4  
I like it. How well does it work? Could you please post some pics of it in operation?

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Roll ur own land plane build #5  
That is slick, I think I may have to steal your idea and build myself one..Craig

/ Roll ur own land plane build
Rustyiron,

Thanks for the kind words.

Artisan,

...literally...

EddieWalker,

Thanks Eddie. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but will get some pics and result soon. BTW, I really enjoyed reading about your lake build...what a story. And your parent home...you don't mess around...well done. JP

Kioti guy,

That's always the best compliment...glad you like it. JP

/ Roll ur own land plane build #8  
I'm really liking that.
Going to start scrounging for material and build one.
Thanks for the great idea.
Donald A.

/ Roll ur own land plane build #9  
Slick idea-congrats on an excellent build:thumbsup:

Donald A D, flusher,

Thanks I'm glad you like it. I'll be curious to see your version.

There should be a lot of adjustability between the tractors third link and the rear link. Our tractor has been in the shop for starter ring gear repair , then fuel solenoid...every day something else so no chance to try it yet. JP