Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested?

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested?
Here are my thoughts on the details/steps:
1. EA posts the attachment that they have in mind (or, better, a "your choice of these 3 attachments") as the start of a nomination thread (the main reason being that if someone already has a backblade, they may not be as interested on building one as they would be to make a boxblade or a landplane)
2. Make a "Nomination period" of 2-3 weeks where people can be nominated (or can nominate themselves) to be in the poll by posting in the thread from step 1
3. Close the nominations and put in a link to the poll with all of the options (perhaps actually close the thread?)
4. Have a 1-2 week period where people vote on the nominations (the Doodle poll could work, but the voters would have to use their screen name in order to validate their vote)
5. Whoever runs the poll closes it and posts the results (either to here, or via PM/email to EA)
6. EA announces the winner
7. The winner builds from the kit with copious amounts of pictures posted to TBN

Does this seem fair to all interested?

Thanks

Aaron Z

It looks like you guys have a plan and I like it. I totally agree that the attachment should be something that the winner is interested in so maybe the best thing to do is discuss the attachment with the winner rather than limiting it to a choice of 3 different attachments up front. The attachment should be something the winner doesn't already have or even something that he does have and needs an upgrade. I also like the idea of starting a new thread for nominations so we don't have to watch multiple threads. If everyone agrees, i'll leave the organization of the polling/nomination up to Aaron as long as he's game. We'll send him an ETA shirt or something for his efforts.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #122  
I know the other thread hasn't been started yet but I am here now. I have moderate welding skills(I can stick thick and thin pieces of metal together and they don't come apart and sometimes the welds even look pretty). I also live in SC and when I get back home the middle of next month(Think hot, dusty and far away from home.) I would even be willing to drive to NC to work with the company as to their ideas about the product or be willing to go blind and just work off of supplied plans just like a regular customer.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #124  
I know the other thread hasn't been started yet but I am here now. I have moderate welding skills(I can stick thick and thin pieces of metal together and they don't come apart and sometimes the welds even look pretty). I also live in SC and when I get back home the middle of next month(Think hot, dusty and far away from home.) I would even be willing to drive to NC to work with the company as to their ideas about the product or be willing to go blind and just work off of supplied plans just like a regular customer.
I would put something like that in your nomination and see where it goes. Some examples of what you have done would probably be helpful as well.
I suspect that most people here on TBN wont hold it against you that you haven't been on here as much and being close might be a plus to the folks at ETA.

Aaron Z

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #125  
Below is the list of nominees from the nomination thread (found at: ETA TBN member nomination thread - Page 9 )

Below is the list of nominees (in alphabetical order). If you aren't on the list (but should be) please let me know before 12 Noon Eastern time on Monday the 3rd.
  1. 4Shorts
  2. 94BULLITT
  3. Artisan
  4. catdozer
  5. charlz
  6. dstig1
  7. Furu
  8. john25mm
  9. LD1
  10. mjncad
  11. muddstopper
  12. PILOON
  13. Reyer Farms
  14. SPIKER
  15. spruce Deere
  16. wroughtn_harv
  17. yelbike

Thanks

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #126  
   / Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #127  
Perhaps- from the EA point of view- it would be better for Ted to find some local customer that fit his parameters of skills. That way he could monitor the assembly, and make note of both any difficulties the assembler was having, and see, in -real time- what he considers "mistakes" (i.e. bad welds) or design issues that might be improved.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #128  
Awww ****! I just missed nominating myself. I do welding, fabricating, and general farm equipment repair out of a small home shop. I've built several attachments (mostly for myself), and have found making the individual parts to be the most time consuming part of the process. A pile of parts taken away from EA's weldor would be perfect.
Going into winter, my work load has lightened and I'd be game for a show and tell assembly.

I know I'm a noob here, but I think 4shorts and a few other members could vouch for me. I recognize the S/N from another site I'm a member on.

/ Build-It-Yourself Attachments KITS??? interested? #130  
A couple of observations.
Some DIY shops are practically showrooms and possibly better equipped than even Everything Attachments facility.
Also I wonder if this will not end up as being an 'ole boys' popularity contest.
OR, should the winner be a real DIY who is one because he can't afford dealer network pricing but wants or needs the item?
Time will tell I guess.
Is the kit market aimed at the fellow that washes and waxes every week? or the poorer practical everyday guy?
Guess it is up to Everything Attachments and their market studies that will determine the answer.

Personally I think the marketing concept is excellent and a great way to expand production volume with greater utilization of equipment.